Fluance DB12 $300 12" Ported Subwoofer Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Those looking to beef up the bass in their bookshelf speaker system on a tight budget would do well to give Fluance's new DB12 subwoofer a try. The DB12 is an unusually compact subwoofer for a ported 12” design. Its polite size and refined finish allow it to fit in very aesthetically demanding situations. Check out our preview on this compact sub for $300- Shipping included! Bass enthusiasts serious about sound will want to pick up a pair of these subs for improved bass response and output for the entire seated area.

Discuss "Fluance DB12 $300 12" Ported Subwoofer Preview" here. Read the article.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That was on my list for the speaker thread, though I was thinking something a little less budget oriented.

I'll be interested to see the official review on these.

A

africord

Enthusiast
I was wondering how the DB12 would pair with the Fluance Signature gear you previously tested. Is Fluance "one-stop shopping" for a modest AV speaker setup?

Allen Powers

Allen Powers

Audiophyte
I'd enjoy seeing and hearing more on this as well. I need 2 subs (budget home theater system) and right now I'm leaning towards the Bic F 12. Purchase time is approaching.

H

hifitommy

Enthusiast
hey gene,

among many others, i feel that 40Hz and above is WOOFER territory, not SUBwoofer land. 'isn't this the view of the industry at large?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
hey gene,

among many others, i feel that 40Hz and above is WOOFER territory, not SUBwoofer land. 'isn't this the view of the industry at large?
I wouldn't say that is the view of the industry at large. Most subs don't dig down to 20 Hz. Most subs can barely do 30 Hz.

M

matteos

Enthusiast
The real bargain subwoofer gem is the 15" Dayton SUB. Less than $200 shipped and yes that thing does go deep and sounds very good. I sold dual KEF R400b (msrp around $3000) and replaced it with one of those. Do not regret my decision at all.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
The real bargain subwoofer gem is the 15" Dayton SUB. Less than $200 shipped and yes that thing does go deep and sounds very good. I sold dual KEF R400b (msrp around $3000) and replaced it with one of those. Do not regret my decision at all.
While KEF makes some great speakers I think their subs are way over priced.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis