C

cl0316

Enthusiast
Does anybody know if this is a good set of speakers. I am new to this home theater thing and these got a really good rating on CNET??

C

calnbs

Audioholic
It really comes down to your budget and what you are looking for. Fluance is not going to win any shoot out against Paradigm, Monitor Audio, PSB, etc but they are an entry level system for people with a small budget.

I never had the honor to audition them but I have done a lot of research on them. Overall, for what you are paying for, these may be a better bargain than a HTiB. From the reviews of many owners, they seem to sound pretty decent. Their biggest weakness from many owners' views is Fluance's center speaker. But for the price people paid for these? You can't really complain.

C

cl0316

Enthusiast
In comparison to the tsc lcr-3 P series adding the p5-pr 5.25...which one would I get an overall better sound quality out of...or would you recommend another 5 speaker set for less than 300$??

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
In comparison to the tsc lcr-3 P series adding the p5-pr 5.25...which one would I get an overall better sound quality out of...or would you recommend another 5 speaker set for less than 300$??
You can always audition them both and send back the ones you don't like.

I know it sounds complicated, but it really isn't.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KEF-KHT1005-5-piece-satellite-set-with-omnimount-piece_W0QQitemZ120359905039QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item120359905039&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A3|294%3A50

That's actually a nice deal. For 250 dollars that's a decent 5 speaker set and when you get the funds you can upgrade the front sound stage.

KEFs get away with being small because they have the tweeter inside the midrange woofer.

D

Doc.

Enthusiast
I have a set of Fluance ES-1's and I think they are great speakers for the money. I would have absolutely no problem recommending them to anyone who doesn't want to pay $2000 for speakers.

C

cl0316

Enthusiast
I think I am going to go with the TSC P3 series and add the P5 b/c of the return policy. Both sets look pretty equal and for a room of my size I am not sure that towers would have any extra benefit plus if I dont like the TSC's than I can go with Fluance. also going to go with the Dayton sub120. Would a Denon avr-689 or a Denon avr-1609 have any problems powering these speakers and is there any advantage over either model?

M

Mtn. Steel

Junior Audioholic
Awesome people! I am stoked! I was not sure what I was looking to buy as I do NOT have a big budget. I do know that I am not in love with my old plastic Panny LCR`s. I am going to wall mount the TSC 2 series as they are front ported and in time will fill in with some rears. This is the solution that I have been looking for! Even my wife will love the "furniture wood look" over the plastic cheap look that the Panny`s have.

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
Does anybody know if this is a good set of speakers. I am new to this home theater thing and these got a really good rating on CNET??
You will find people around here very helpful especially we love to spend other people's money. Watch out you may get bitten by the bug and keep stretching your budget to get decent speakers ;)

Seriously, just be firm stay on budget and you will get excellent advice here, so what is your budget?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis