floorstanding Speakers Options for my Marantz SR7007

J

JuanMartin

Audiophyte
Hi Everyone,
I'm quite unexperienced in audio things, need your advice.
I'm from Argentina and I´ve bought a receiver Marantz SR7007 in an special offer during a business trip in Canada.
Now I want to buy locally 2 columns speakers.
My options are:
1) Inifinity P363 (usd 300 each)
2) Polk Tsx440 (usd 350 each)
3) Klipsh RF42 (usd 380 each)
4) Jamo S506 (usd 370 each)
5) Pure Supernova 8 (usd 300 each)
6) Boston A250 (usd 380 each)

Which one do you recommend taking in consideration that I will use it mostly for music and films (I like hearing at high volume) and that I can afford all options above?

Thanks for your help.

JM

G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
Hi Juan

Out of your options, the Infinity P363's are very well regarded and would easily be my pick. Here's the Audioholics review: Infinity Primus P363 Floorstanding Loudspeaker Review | Audioholics.

However, I urge you not to start with a pair of floorstanders, particularly if your use includes movie watching. The better option is to start with a pair of bookshelves for mains and a reasonable quality sub. These will do a good job and you can build your system from there over time. For example in this case, the matching Infinity P153's would be suitable. Next you would get the matching centre channel speaker. Finally, get the P363 floorstanders for the mains and move the P153's to surround speaker duty (they can be wall mounted if necessary).

Welcome to the forum and good luck! :)

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
For towers, from your list - my preference would be the Boston A250

If you decide to start with bookshelf speakers, and mate with a sub - then the Boston A26

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Wow, your local prices are very high. Out of those options I would choose the Boston or the Infinity.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Having owned the Infinity P362, I can recommend this speaker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis