Floor Stand Speaker Suggestion

W

wikket72

Audiophyte
Ok, My uncle recently gave me a Citation 5.0 PreAmp with a Lexicon LX5 amp. Now I need a budget floor stand speaker. I have been searching around but to many to choose from.
I need help, I have a budget of under 500.
What kind of speakers should I get.
Any help will greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
love mine thus far... and I don't have the rest of the speakers setup...

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Definitive Technology
The BP 6B
Leading experts agree that Definitive's revolutionary bipolar loudspeakers are sonically superior to any conventional speaker regardless of size or price. Our least expensive tower, the astonishing BP 6B, brings all the dramatic benefits and sonic superiority of full-range bipolar technology to a new level of affordability.

BP 6B Specifications:
Dimensions: 7" W x 11" D x 35" H
Frequency Response: 25 Hz — 30 kHz
Rec. Assoc. Amplification: 20 —175 Watts/channel
Efficiency: 91 dB
Nominal Impedance: 4 — 8 ohms
Drivers: Two 25 mm pure aluminum dome tweeters blended by a Linkwitz-Riley crossover; two 14 cm mineral-filled homopolymer-coned bass/midranges.
Finish: Jewel-like piano black lacquer or golden cherry.
Weight: 42 lbs. Speakers are supplied with an optional spiking kit.
Retail: $299.00 ea.

Take a look at these.

http://www.definitivetech.com/louds...ar/bipolar.html

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Mazersteven: Do you own a pair of these things? Have you heard them? If you own them, well I don't mean to offend. But, they just don't do it for me. And, many others.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Reorx said:
BIC makes the best center channel? Better then Klipsch and JBL for the < $85?
Any specific model? I've been debating between the DV52CLR and DV53CLR
http://www.bicamerica.com/CENTER SPECS 2.htm

Reorx
Only the DV62CLR-S model. The others use smaller drivers and don't have near the sound as the 62, and the 62 is not much bigger than the ones you listed above. You can get it for around $105. Two of my friends have the Athena 5.1 setup with sub, and the Venturi. We all agree the best system would be 5 of the Venturi DV62CLR-S's hands down with a SVS sub. Five centers would look strange, but if you heard this center, you'd run out and buy four more. I have a $500 Polk CSi5 center with similar sized drivers, and the Venturi sounds better! It puts out more bass than my RTi10 Polk towers and it's more efficient. Much much better than Klipsch and JBL. What other speaker offers a 7 yr warranty?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Zumbo,
No I don't own them. I Do like the Definitive Technology's products. I have listened to many Definitive speakers but not there low end items. The only Item from Definitive Technology's I own is the Supercube Reference Subwoofer. In my opinion the best subwoofer out there for the money.
I was just giving a choice in that price range. It's up to the individual to make up him own mind. I like the Klipsch RF-25 in that price range also. And they do sound nice.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So Zumbo what equipment and speakers are in your home theater set up?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
My system is listed in the "Members Systems" section. I stopped recommending my speakers because they are 4ohm. I will recommend them if someone gives information of using seperates. Try to find a high-end shop to go in and listen to some good speakers. It will change the way you feel about good audio.

My system:
Yamaha RX-V1400-receiver
Adcom GFA-7605-amp
Adcom ACE-315-power conditioner
Yamaha S840-dvd
Yamaha CDC-645-cd
MB Quart QLS 830's-front & rear
MB Quart QLS 330-ctr
NHT SW12-sub
Old Sony tv (next upgrade)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com