Fitting of SVS port plugs

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
I always thought the foam port plugs on a SVS PB12+2 would be compressed and held in by the port, but on my PB12+2 the foam plugs are loosely setting inside the port. I seems like they could be accidentally bumped (or pushed in by a small kid) and fall inside the enclosure. Is this the way it is supposed to be, and the way it is on all PB12+2s? The port plugs apparently don’t need to be tight fitting to function properly? Any insight?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, mine are really snug too. sounds like yours may be too small.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Contact them, you may have gotten the wrong ones or they may have had some bad ones.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
I talked to Eric in customer service and he said he would have a new pair of port plugs sent out right away. Thanks guys.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
Update

I just got a pair of 4" diameter port plugs from SVS and they fit fine. The original pair of port plugs were 3.5" diameter. Pretty quick response I would say.

O

OrganicLED

Audiophyte
I talked to Eric in customer service and he said he would have a new pair of port plugs sent out right away. Thanks guys.
did you call or email to get those plugs? I've sent 3 emails to svs and heard nothing yet (been 2 weeks). I talked to Ron about ordering plugs after the first of the year so that is what i did. Ron said to contact CS and i'd just have to pay for shipping, i'm to the point of just trying to make my own. :(:(

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
did you call or email to get those plugs? I've sent 3 emails to svs and heard nothing yet (been 2 weeks). I talked to Ron about ordering plugs after the first of the year so that is what i did. Ron said to contact CS and i'd just have to pay for shipping, i'm to the point of just trying to make my own. :(:(
Did you try calling? I've only had a few communications w/SVS, but it was all via e-mail and they were extremely responsive... -TD

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
try to contact Erik K ... Ron S might be ultra busy.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
SVS Port Plugs

I just called and talked to Eric and within a few days I had replacement plugs. I think Eric looked up my original PB12+2 order to be sure I was on the level and to get the shipping address. I had contacted SVS about a year earlier with a floorplan to get a subwoofer recommendation and I think Tom got back to me the same day. I had several questions and all got equally prompt replies. I think your request must have got lost (stuff happens). I would contact SVS again by phone and politely explain your situation and request. I am sure you will be taken care of promptly to your satisfaction.

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
Wow, I'd call. Tom answered an e-mail from me on X-mas one time, I couldn't believe that. I guarantee it got lost, they are usually really nice to deal with. They gave me a lot of time, even before I spent a dime.

Pat

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis