Fitting cabinet for Onkyo 805

T

tlabatte

Enthusiast
Looking for a lowboy triple wide cabinet that can house the Onkyo 805. The Salamander and Sanus Brands appear to be too tight. I want to avoid having things hanging out the back as our hallway walks right past the side.

<Sorry if this is not the right forum for this question>

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like depth is more of a cosmetic issue for you.
Height is your biggest concern. In the very least give the 805 4 inches on top and 1 inch on the sides. If this is not an option look into a cooling fan.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Looking for a lowboy triple wide cabinet that can house the Onkyo 805. The Salamander and Sanus Brands appear to be too tight. I want to avoid having things hanging out the back as our hallway walks right past the side.

<Sorry if this is not the right forum for this question>
I have a Salamander Synergy Triple 20 and all the shelves are adjustable as far as height goes. What areas are you worried about being tight?

T

tlabatte

Enthusiast
Sorry about that. Yes, Depth is the concern. The Onkyo 805 is 18 1/8 inches. The Sanus is almost 19" The salamander Synergy is only 18 inches.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Sorry about that. Yes, Depth is the concern. The Onkyo 805 is 18 1/8 inches. The Sanus is almost 19" The salamander Synergy is only 18 inches.
Yeah, it's going to hang off the back or front of the Salamander, not counting the room for wiring (if concealment is wanted). Have you tried BDI?

T

tlabatte

Enthusiast
Thanks, EJ1. I just took a look at BDI and found that they are around 19 inches. Tight but it is possible. Those Avion units are nice. Scared to see the price :eek: This dimension thing may push me over to the Denon Line. I cannot beleive I am making my receiver decision based on what will fit in a cabinet!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis