dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
I'm still looking on what will be the best choice and now, there is one more candidate.
-overnight sensation
-C-note
-avitrix
-tritrix
-blues

which one sound better? Blues have the best looking woofer, but I don't have any kind of experience on all those kit, on what they sound and perform.
budget can be 700$ for the 5 speakers (just kit with no cabinet), 300/400$ for the sub and 500$ for the amplifier.
I know that on that range i can't have the best, but after days reading review, build and sound test, blues kit have took my attention by the kevlar cone and his dome, just look amazing in my opinion.
sorry but I want to be sure to be satisfied from the beginning on what I'm going to buy and build, unfortunately I'm alone here and I dont know anyone with some good system :(

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
in a couple of days will arrive the avr x1300, a cheap av to begin.
today I made some speaker test ro understand how big they are, as you cam in the picture, left os mtm, center blues mtm and right os tm. Impressive how big is the blue!

looks that the OS speaker will fit better in my room, and the blues look a little bit oversize :(

some questions:
-can i paint the B4N cone? will change somethings in response or somethings else? (i'm a car painter, will be a really thin layer)
-for the rear channel, can i leave the orientation of the OS TM to each other, or in my case, i can have something else to reproduce the rear surround?
-can i use instead of 2 OS mtm on the front L/R channels, 2 OS TMM tower near to the tv, where there is the sub right now?
-if i build the tower, the sub must be between the tower to the center or can be off set in the left corner

i dont have so much place :(

next month i will buy the 5 speakers, and the OS is the best choice for me right now. but lets see, maybe a crazy last minute temptation will convince me to go for the blues ( TM/MTM/TM front e TM/TM back)

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
in a couple of days will arrive the avr x1300, a cheap av to begin.
today I made some speaker test ro understand how big they are, as you cam in the picture, left os mtm, center blues mtm and right os tm. Impressive how big is the blue!

looks that the OS speaker will fit better in my room, and the blues look a little bit oversize :(

some questions:
-can i paint the B4N cone? will change somethings in response or somethings else? (i'm a car painter, will be a really thin layer)
-for the rear channel, can i leave the orientation of the OS TM to each other, or in my case, i can have something else to reproduce the rear surround?
-can i use instead of 2 OS mtm on the front L/R channels, 2 OS TMM tower near to the tv, where there is the sub right now?
-if i build the tower, the sub must be between the tower to the center or can be off set in the left corner

i dont have so much place :(

next month i will buy the 5 speakers, and the OS is the best choice for me right now. but lets see, maybe a crazy last minute temptation will convince me to go for the blues ( TM/MTM/TM front e TM/TM back)
Instead of painting the cone, how about cloth covered grilles?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I think the Blues are 4ohm. Will your AVR handle a 4 ohm speaker? The Blues MTM is 8 ohm but the TM is 4 ohm.

Last edited:
dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
grilles will be made at the same time, paint is just something extra in my mind

the avr-x1300 is rated 4 to 16 ohm, but i will double check if the european version is limited to 6. there are a lot of av receiver that have different spec from us to eu market.

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
after a week listening the avr-x1300 I can say, I'm really happy how it work! Have a really better sound control from the low to high frequency, a better sound stage and all I need as a beginner, really, really happy, I have a big smile all the time I sit and listen Luis Armstrong on the trumpet!
I'm still using the Sony surround and a Logitech 2.1 as a sub just to use this av.
next month I will n order the overnight sensation 5 channels, mtm front and tm for the back.
I'm looking around on which sub I can use with this kit, an 8" or 10", close enclosure for sure. I prefer how it sound

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
after looking on the diy side, and what i have found here in europe, i will going for the Indiana Line Tesi Vinyl

http://www.coral-indianaline.com/tesi-vinyl-series/?lang=en

761 for the center

561 for the front

241 for the rear

252a for the sub (temporary)

buyng tritrix and other diy will be really too much compared to this beaty

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers