First pic of the new room

majorloser

majorloser

Dolby CP-200 said:
j_garcia

I like what you have done with the lighting nothing to costly just something very simple that makes a whole lot of difference.

I use blue neon light at the front below the TV monitor 12v the same type as used for cars.
Do you have problems with noise or buzzing using neon? They can put out some nasty RF.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Matt34 said:
Can you break it down for me what is powering what?
You mean which amps are driving which speakers? The 8300 drives the center and surrounds, and one monoblock each for the R&L mains. Sub is driven by a plate amp.

J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
j_garcia said:
A work in progress....

Makes my rack look kinda small. Not sure where all my DVDs are going to go...missing from this room still are about half of my 300+ CDs and most of my 350+ DVDs... Just painted the facing wall grey, and not sure what the rest of the walls are going to be, but something neutral-warm.
Ouch! If you own the home, please get rid of the popcorn on the ceiling!!!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Great job!

Those speakers are absolutely gorgeous. I would never want to put the grills on?

Matt34

Matt34

j_garcia said:
You mean which amps are driving which speakers? The 8300 drives the center and surrounds, and one monoblock each for the R&L mains. Sub is driven by a plate amp.
Yup that's what I meant.;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
JaceTheAce said:
Ouch! If you own the home, please get rid of the popcorn on the ceiling!!!
Yes, hate that stuff too, but I don't own it so unfortunately that means it will likely stay...

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
Did you try to match the lighting color underneath the rack to the color of your receiver's LED display? :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You know, I originally wanted to angle the center, but it actually does pretty well off axis so it hasn't been an issue. I have it on feet right now, isolating it from the set, and if I wanted I can make them adjustable.

I turn off the receiver's display when watching movies :)

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Your "girly" sub cant blow that popcorn off the ceiling?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
:D No, but it is pretty entertaining to set things on top of it... I did have to calk the top windows because they were rattling so bad.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
That lighting would drive me crazy. I'd probably go on a punching spree.

Ground effects are terrible on cars, let alone A/V racks...Lighting gets a -2, but the rack and components get a +5, so you're still in the green......for now.

Which is ironic because the lighting is green and it's fugly.

sonicman

sonicman

Junior Audioholic
Great start - good luck & lookin' forward to more future pics! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I will have to take some new pics. Stuff as moved around and a few things changed here and there.

I like the green light. It isn't distracting at all; adds just the right amount of light to keep the room from being pitch black at night. It does look a little brighter in the pics than in person due to using a little bit of a longer exposure.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
New pics added showing the Auralex Gramma under the sub:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My grammas are leaned up against the wall behind my speakers still. I feel exceedingly lame now that I see yours.
That's an amazing investment in movies.

Congratulations on a room you obviously enjoy very much. :)

Edit: Those speaker stands, I had my sister get the same ones and am wondering if you filled the tube with sand or anything.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis