First pic of the new room

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
That sucks! What you need to do is take a Dremel to a square patch to the right (in picture above) of that hole and expose the copper under it. Feed the wire as before, just angle the tinned part to the right. Voila! New solder point.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That sucks! What you need to do is take a Dremel to a square patch to the right (in picture above) of that hole and expose the copper under it. Feed the wire as before, just angle the tinned part to the right. Voila! New solder point.
I talked to him before I found that. I found it when I pulled it out to send to him and sent him an email with the pic and basically asked if I could fix it and he said the same as you. That's what I was hoping would be the answer, so I'll do it this week.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
CSB-1s are back up and running :) Got them done late last night so didn't really get to put them through their paces. Will do so tonight.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I kinda forgot how good these things sound :cool: Listened to them for a few hours, critically at first and was pleased all over again, then as background while I did other things. Then I was watching some Netflix for a while and ended up turning it down because they are so clear I don't need to have them cranked. The improvement doesn't feel as big this time going from one to the other, but the additional detail in the highs is definitely noticeable.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Place still messy after the move. Been extremely busy both with work and at home. Basically looks the same as before, same floor plan, same setup :) Will get some after some cleaning and some time.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have a $200 credit with PE now due to the issue with the TP-60. Not really sure what to buy now? TriTrix towers? :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
WTF does PC LOAD LETTER mean?

UMC-200 dead. Yesterday it started dropping video. A power cycle of both it and the FireTV seemed to fix it. Today, it started again, only this time, I had to cycle the power from the main power switch and when it came back up, it threw that error. Now it doesn't do anything.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
WHAT? UMC200 is bad? Bud you have a power issue, do you run on a generator once and a while or get struck by lightening? Didn't you have to replace a few amps already? My umc200 is still going strong.... Call emo and get her boxed up for a trip to the doctor.... They are really fast so you should have it rite back, I split tea in one of my minix's and they had it all fixed and sent back to me within a week..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Everything runs from a APC H15. No power issues. I live in Ca. No storms, no power outages. All I did was turn it on... XPA-3 has been fine ever since they replace it, but I was basically shipped a unit that had a small flaw (it worked, but they decided to replace it anyway!)

OK...this thing is turning my amps on and off and it isn't ON. Board is definitely fried.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hahaha!!! Man, I loved that movie when it came out - it was soooo true. I'd get that error on printers at work and think, "wtf does that mean?" Awesome reference. :D
I was in my buddy's office the other day helping him with a CAD question and he has a red stapler on his desk :D I laughed so hard. I HAD to ask him where he got it; his wife gave it to him for his birthday. :cool:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They told me to try a firmware update. It won't even power on now, so back it goes.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
UMC is boxed up and ready to go out. Running the PS4 through the 105 for now, so I at least have some sound. Only running via the X A100 for now. A little ticked off, but at least I have some sound for now.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Hey bud. You seem to be haveing the worst luck this year hope it improves for you

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, in two different apartments too. The first amp died in the other apartment and the second one in the current apartment. No worries; I still have music. May pick up a used AVR to use in the interim and see what happens with the UMC.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
UMC repaired. Looks like some caps failed on one of the boards. Probably still won't have it back until the end of the week best case, early next week worst case.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Arrived last night, a day early. Too tired to hook it up, so will hopefully get to it tonight.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is back, mostly installed and setup. Got the triggers working, speakers manually dialed though I don't have my distance settings, maybe I can grab them from the Oppo), verified that things were working as expected. Now I still have to rename my inputs, calibrate, reconnect the rest of my interconnects (m/c from the Oppo). Oddly, and perhaps it is because it is on "flat" EQ, bass seemed a lot heavier than before; maybe the distance setting was off for it, will have to check since I didn't mess with those yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis