FiOS Customers Beware

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
My point exactly. Thanks Waveform, and sorry to hear of your troubles.
While I don't agree with this phrased question...

"Where is your God now?"

Of course, if I had been paying attention I would have never signed on those dotted lines in the first place. First thoughts are usually the right ones.;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I have got the "$99" plan, and man do I regret it.

I have three cable boxes but they charge me for five boxes every month. This means I am on the phone for one and a half hours EVERY FRIGGING MONTH pleading with them to fix the problem. Every time someone finally comes on the phone (usually tech support after being bounced from one person to another for 1 hour) and says "Yeah, youre right, you've only got three boxes, and here's your 10 dollars back." Next month, it's the same story. For 6 months and counting.

To top it all I'm getting billed for VOD movies ordered from the two phantom boxes that I don't have (confirmed by "tech support"). I have even had to demand that VOD be disabled for my account from their end so that when I call the next month, I would have grounds for saying that I did not order the movies.
This has become a special hell that I am locked into for two years.

I will keep this in mind if and when FIOS will become available as a competing alternative in my area:D
So far I don't relish this kind of repeated efforts at getting issues resolved.:eek:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't think we'll see a la carte pricing anytime soon though I'd welcome it. .
I don't either but keep hoping:D Why would they change when they can buy congress for next to nothing:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Did I miss something? :confused:
The poster made several posts saying one or two words and then putting periods after it, similar to the one left here. They had 5-6 posts in a row on this thread alone in that fashion. I think they where promoting Target or something (they wanted to be able to post links).

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
The poster made several posts saying one or two words and then putting periods after it, similar to the one left here. They had 5-6 posts in a row on this thread alone in that fashion. I think they where promoting Target or something (they wanted to be able to post links).
Ah, I guess the others must have been deleted, hence my confusion. ;)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
And still no response from fiosmeup, V's Sales team extraordinaire? Don't tell me the cat's got your tongue already. This is your chance to set the record straight amigo. The floor is yours... :)

F

fiosmeup

Audioholic Intern
Good afternoon, I'm back from the fios wars, Fios has been adding new customers at a incredible rate, and with fast expansion and a huge company, billing problems do exist. have been stepping up in cases I have found and correct billing issues, But if you compare this to the other cable companies fios is far better. But if you are having problems that doesn't help you. The original issue was the cost wasn't as promised in the ads.
The price in ads are what you get, add on Set top boxes, movie premiums,( activation fee- one time mostly$19.99) and that is your final cost per month. There should not be anything added to that. Tell me a service that is better, and at a better price?:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Good afternoon, I'm back from the fios wars, Fios has been adding new customers at a incredible rate, and with fast expansion and a huge company, billing problems do exist. have been stepping up in cases I have found and correct billing issues, But if you compare this to the other cable companies fios is far better. But if you are having problems that doesn't help you. The original issue was the cost wasn't as promised in the ads.
The price in ads are what you get, add on Set top boxes, movie premiums,( activation fee- one time mostly$19.99) and that is your final cost per month. There should not be anything added to that. Tell me a service that is better, and at a better price?:D
Still selling I see.

I request this thread be closed, it's clearly run it's coarse.

Fiosmeup, I garranty if you continue on like this (especially if you do so in other threads) you will receive the b& hammer.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
The cable and satellite companies are no different. You have to look past the advertised teaser rate and take into account the cost of all rental equipment, channel packages, and extra premium channels you want and of course taxes and 'service fees'.

Time Warner is heavily promoting Digital Phone at $39.99 per month yet when you add in all the taxes and fees it is really $54 which is no better than what I pay for AT&T.

Time Warner also used to advertise 'ugprade to digital cable for FREE for three months' and years ago called me to pitch the plan. The reality was that the price difference was $10 per month and you don't have to pay that $10 for three months but still have to pay what you are currently paying. How is that 'free'? It's $30 off, not free.

Consumers need to get smart and look critically at all plans and what the real cost will be over some time frame. Only then can you make an informed decision and not be shocked when the bill is much more than you thought or were told it would be.
I dunno man. My cable provider's web site lists its packages and charges straight up. I never pay any hidden fees or anything like that.

F

fiosmeup

Audioholic Intern
I don't have fios, Can't get it. But this subject belongs in Home theater threads. because most us use cable/sat in our home theaters.
Most of my customer want fios because of the" TV Ads" I explain all the options, internet speeds, Tv Packages, Movies and Set top boxes, I explain the prices including the Activation fees, my customer leave with the final monthly bill, I also explain the Taxes and fee's will be added to that. they know about these taxes because most are switching over from cable.
I also tell them the first months bill could be higher because if they already have say phone service and they are bundling all together, a portion of the phone bill will be pro rated and added to match up the dates so all services will be bundle as one bill.
Most of fios ads were about that kid and the Truck, then the one with the free HDTV. Sign up for triple bundle and thats what you get. Some people thought they would get the TV when they ordered service, but It was a rebate and did take a while to get, like any rebate- I just got my nflshop.com rebate for my Samsung Tv Today!( Got TV Dec 17).
Im promoting Fios as much as I am Promoting my Samsung TV.
Im not telling anyone to get fios, Compare products and buy whats best for you. Im telling what I know about fios, If you want any information that can be helpful, just ask,
Thanks

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
After this thread I'll stick to Direct TV, thanks.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Oh no... don't lock this thread just yet. My Dad called me this morning to exclaim excitedly that on his way to work this morning (he drives by Tampa's Verizon offices), he was stunned to see a picket line of protesters right outside the front door of the building. It was still dark, so he couldn't tell if it was customers or employees who were staging the protest, so I decided to check it out for myself. Sure enough...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23993126/

And this is from their own employees!

So I talked to him again, and fiosmeup, this bud's for you - in his never-ending struggle to get some answers regarding his outrageous bills, received (almost word for word) the little ditty you revealed as part of your reply. "Due to increasing volume of customers, things are going to happen, etc., words to that effect". I read your reply, and it was deja vu. Sounds like a well crafted, automatic response to legitimate customer complaints, conceived and fabricated by some upper level management personnel to temporarily appease the restless natives, whilst continuing to suck them dry.

So, nice try there fiosmeup. My suggestion is that you should have stuck with asking advice on hooking up your HT instead of polluting this fine website with the garbage you peddle. I don't disagree that the actual FIOS signal is far superior to my cable providers, but for me - customer service goes an awful long way, and Brighthouse (for all their flaws) has yet to screw me over the way Verizon is doing their customers.

And my poor Dad has yet to get his over-charges resolved...

F

fiosmeup

Audioholic Intern
Bad customer service is not good, im not saying it is, My statement was not well crafted, just something I made up at the keyboard,I know fios is expanding and is falling behind with customer service in same cases. Most of the cases where the customers had incorrect bills and other problems they were corrected and yes it did take a while and they were compensated for the mistakes.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Bad customer service is not good, im not saying it is, My statement was not well crafted, just something I made up at the keyboard,I know fios is expanding and is falling behind with customer service in same cases.
I don't think you've said anything offensive or act like you are 'selling' fios. You have to remember that once someone has a bad experience with a company they will tell anybody who will listen how bad the company is - even ten years later when the problems they encountered no longer exist.

You see it in threads here too when someone has a problem with a particular receiver or dvd player. The company may have had a bad run with a known problem that was later corrected but the people who had the unfortunate experience of buying one will add to every thread on a receiver by that manufacturer and tell everyone how horrible they are.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I have been watching the ATT crews working along my Main St. for a while now installing new fiber optics in the underground utitlity system. I for one am dying to get on this bandwagon. Comcast is terrible in this area. Will ATT be any better? Gosh, I don't know, but they couldn't be worse, and the better product should make up for a lot. We will have to see on pricing, but Comcast has went higher and higher...............

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Customer service is the backbone of ANY company, if you can't succeed at that, what does that say. Please don't blame that on expansion, any competent middle-manager should have a contingency plan to service their paying clientèle while on a growth/expansion cycle, there's no excuse for mistreating those that keep your company alive.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis