Finally Used ebay!!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I have taken a step into a new realm. That is, I actually bought something from ebay! :eek:;):eek: In fact, I have now purchased (2) items from there. What did I buy you ask? Well, the idle air control valve/motor went out on my car. Unfortunately, all local places to buy auto parts wanted an arm and a leg for it. Some could NOT even get it. However, a guy on ebay had the idle air control valve brand new for less than half of what it was going to originally cost me.

I ordered the first time under the "visitor" tab. After doing so, I was able to go in a set-up my own account. I even have a paypal account now which is something I thought I would never do. So, here I am. Just today, I ordered a cold air intake kit which only cost $45 w/free shipping. The idea is to do away with my mass air flow box. Hence, the kit is supposed to add 7-15 more hp by increasing air flow as opposed to restricting it. I have had a lot of problems with my mass air flow box ever since I first bought my Probe. Right now, my Probe is running really well, but still idles rough. One reason, is the air intake hose has a long crack on it. As such, I used tape to cover the crack for now. The kit comes with a polished aluminum air intake hose which should seal things up quite nice.

Vacuum leaks have been a real problem for my Probe. My hope is that installing this kit will help to tame the rough idle I have been dealing with for a very long time. All in all, I am quite happy as I see ebay more as a friend and not an enemy!!!!! :);):) In other words, I am no longer afraid to buy from ebay and plan to do more of that in the near future.

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
congrats! Ebay can be addictive, and also you can find some great deals.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
congrats! Ebay can be addictive, and also you can find some great deals.
Thanks Glock. I am learning just how addictive ebay really is. It always feels good when we get a good deal. :);):) Hope my good luck continues.

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
ebay is one of the places I always check when buying something, whether new or used, sometimes you can get stuff way cheaper on ebay.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Welcome to the '90s.
LOL..........yeah I am a bit behind. However, that is mostly due to so much of the fraud that occurs-especially the fraud on-line. But hey, I am catching up. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Your next goal should be to ride in one of them newfangled horseless carriages. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You think your excited now? Wait until the first time you get porked. :eek: :D
You'll be beside yourself. ;)

... and it is only a matter of time ... just ask Matt34.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You think your excited now? Wait until the first time you get porked. :eek: :D
You'll be beside yourself. ;)

... and it is only a matter of time ... just ask Matt34.
LOL..........scary thought. I am affraid to ask...........hehe!!!! :eek::D:eek:

Cheers,

Phil

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
If you only buy from people with a ton of positive feedback you shouldn't have any problems. I have used ebay for years without a hitch. I just don't buy from anyone with a low amount of feedback.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If you only buy from people with a ton of positive feedback you shouldn't have any problems. I have used ebay for years without a hitch. I just don't buy from anyone with a low amount of feedback.
Yeah, the feedback tool is quite helpful no doubt. I really don't plan on buying too much off of ebay. However, it is a good place to look for hard to find parts for my car. Thanks for that tidbit of info. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well folks, my air flow kit will be here this coming Wednesday December 9th, 2009. Sure hope this fixes some of the vacuum leak issues I have on my Probe. Like many things in life, only time and direct experience will tell. Hopefully, I will get lucky!!!! ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
What about us small time sellers.:mad::p:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What about us small time sellers.:mad::p:D
Very good question that I am sure is asked quite often. It is, and always will be, difficult for the little guy to stay afloat. Especially, in this sluggish economy we all are dealing with. Some things never change.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis