Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
Ok, so after much debate between store and online manufacturers, I decided to pull the trigger on a SVS PB10-ISD. My budget increased to 950 USD, and even though I could have afforded the PB12, I decided to go with the 10. The left over money is going towards buying two more of my front towers for rear surround usage, and a matching center. I am also going to be buying a RX-V1500 and ATI, NAD, or H/K amp within 1.5 months. I will keep you guys updated.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Rocky said:
Ok, so after much debate between store and online manufacturers, I decided to pull the trigger on a SVS PB10-ISD. My budget increased to 950 USD, and even though I could have afforded the PB12, I decided to go with the 10. The left over money is going towards buying two more of my front towers for rear surround usage, and a matching center. I am also going to be buying a RX-V1500 and ATI, NAD, or H/K amp within 1.5 months. I will keep you guys updated.
Hey boys, Rocky's got the fever real bad!:D

Hi Rocky,

Keep us posted. Sounds like it's coming along real nice.:)

Take care,
SBF1

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The upside with forums is you get to spend less on many items you buy. The downside is, you buy MORE of them :D Congrats!

majorloser

majorloser

j_garcia said:
The upside with forums is you get to spend less on many items you buy. The downside is, you buy MORE of them :D Congrats!

Or it makes you want to upgrade..........:mad:

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Rocky said:
I am also going to be buying a RX-V1500 and ATI, NAD, or H/K amp within 1.5 months. I will keep you guys updated.
These are all good choices, but you'll probably (for some strange reason I have yet to understand) find that the RX-V2500 can be had cheaper than the RX-V1500. Maybe it's harder to come by or something, but I have not found it for much less than it's bigger brother. On E-Bay, the 1500's are consitantly more expensive than the 2500's.:confused:

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
That is odd, i can get one for 550 CAD, but i am still waiting on a price check for the 2500. Apparently my local store has both in stock, but they have to get back to me regarding the prices. And, I just found out that I definitely need to replace my receiver before putting towers in the rear. I took my dads towers and put em up front and moved my towers (the ones I was thinking about moving to the back) and as soon as a loud sound came up in war of the world (first laser beam fight thingy) my receiver just turned off. I am not too sure about what i am going to do because I was thinking about upgrading the speakers first. Eventually I want to have 4 towers, one center and 2 front presence bookshelves. I am thinking about getting the bookshelves first, then when I get more money, buy the matching towers (same ones i already have) and moving the bookshelves to the front as presence speakers and the new towers to the rear.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
I still think that if available at a reasonable price you should get the RX-V2500 instead. I am sorry my suggestion kinda backfires on you now (towers for rears) and hope that you can resolve it with new Yamaha.

~Bob

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Rocky said:
I am thinking about getting the bookshelves first, then when I get more money, buy the matching towers (same ones i already have) and moving the bookshelves to the front as presence speakers and the new towers to the rear.
I'd say this is a good plan. :)

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Rocky, please let me know how much it costs you total (taxes, brokerage, etc) to have the SVS delivered to your house. I love my Velodyne DPS-12, but the SVS PB10 is something on my mind for the future.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Do you really NEED towers in the rear? The only real benifit is for multi channel music. Movies will be better with di or bi poles.

SheepStar

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
Heh, that is still on my mind, I am not totally sure what i am going to do with regards to my rears, but I will probably end up buying bookshelves first anyways. I dont think di/bi poles would work/sound that great in my room, take a look in the gallery for pics.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Sheep,

Sinclair doesn't offer Dipolar/Bipolar speakers that match his existing ones. (if at all)

Rocky,

Yes Sheep is right but movies will be a little more directional in the rear but for the small size of a room you have. I doubt that you would be unhappy with this direction.

~Bob

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis