Finally finished the upstairs HT/Fireplace

C

CaptainAudio

Audioholic Intern
After many hours of designing, cutting, sanding and staining my entertainment center upstairs is finally very close to being complete. I made all the surround structure out of 5/8 2 sided cherry veneer and stained it american walnut. The process is quick and easy in the large cabinet shop I work for but I made everything myself in my basement and it took alot longer then I had planned for.

Here is the list of goodies for the Upstairs Entertainment Center

Display:
Sharp Aquos 37" LCD
Receiver:
Yamaha RX-V496
Speakers:
Yamaha NS-IW470 (fronts); Yamaha NS-IW760 (center); Yamaha NS-IW360 (rears)
Subwoofer:
Yamaha YST-SW100 (Hidin behind the TV)
Power Conditioner: APC C5

Before the project started

After

Now I will be consentrating on my basement Theatre Room/Office. I'm currently mudding and taping so for those of you who have been there... AAAAHH!

Here is the list of goodies for the dedicated theatre room. (I hate having everything sitting in a closet as it is at the moment)

Display:
Sony KP-51WS510 (I'd really like to upgrade)
Receiver:
Denon AVR-2807
Speakers:
PSB Image T55 (fronts); PSB Image C60 (center); PSB CW260(surrounds); PSB CW26 (rears)
Subwoofer:
PSB Subseries 6i
Power Conditioner: APC H10

Here is some pictures of my current MESS!!!

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Nice work there buddy.... that looks absolutely fantastic...

You should be very proud of what you accomplished... and on to the next mess.. Looks like your doing the drywall yourself... I pay people to do that, cause I incompetent and I know its just faster to pay someone to do it right.

C

CaptainAudio

Audioholic Intern
Nascar is great...
Nascar in HD even better...
Add a few beers and that's perfection....

Thanks for the comments

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Nascar is great...
Nascar in HD even better...
Add a few beers and that's perfection....

Thanks for the comments
Yep, we watch both races each weekend in 73" of HD. We were able to go in-person weekend before last; the only bad thing was the winner (hate Johnson and Gordon)

B

benolium

Junior Audioholic
Clean

Greg, super nice set-up. Cool looking credenza too. Bet you don't have kids or those speakers would be pulled over in a second. lol

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Greg, super nice set-up. Cool looking credenza too. Bet you don't have kids or those speakers would be pulled over in a second. lol
Kids arent even allowed in our house! One time a friend came over and brought his 4 kids, they were walking around touching the walls and jumping up and down on the floors. We were freaked out and have never invited any kids over since then.

C

CaptainAudio

Audioholic Intern
I'm with you on that note Greg. Everytime the munkins have come in our house in the past I got nervous and follow them around making sure nothing got damaged. I figure that I must have been getting really annoying though because we haven't had any kids around lately.

And with that said HURRAY!
Peace and quite
No more stress

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I have four kids and no problems. Just get on them early, and they'll listen. Many aren't exposed to decent audio equipment. They must be taught how to behave.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis