H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
After almost two agonizing years, I can now enjoy my new toys....

System

Front: Paradigm Studio 100
Center: Paradigm CC570
Surround: Paradigm Studio 20
Rear: Paradigm Studio 20
Sub: Paradigm Servo 15

Projector: Infocus IN76
Screen: Carada 92", 16x9 Brilliant White
PreAmp: Yamaha RXV2500
DVD: Sony 5 disc changer
Game: Playstation 2
Sat Dish: Bell ExpressVu
Seats: Berkline 088

Cheers, fellow audioholics... Thanx for all the good advices. Health and long life to this website.

Attachments

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
very nice! I think you forgot to list your power amp :)
how about a shot of your equipment rack!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice setup. It was well worth the two years. Now sit back and enjoy!

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
mike c said:
very nice! I think you forgot to list your power amp :)
how about a shot of your equipment rack!
Power amp: Just when I though I was out, they pulled me back in..... I don't have one, and I've been wondering if I should get one. Very true, those speaker need lots of power, but its confortable (i.e. loud) at around -15Db, to -5db. Your input on that would be appreciated. I also carefully have to manage to WAF on that since I already pretty much sold my soul to her for that room.

Picture of equipment rack, well, it is pretty much empty (the Keep It Simple Stupid theory) All I got in there is the Satellite receiver, Yahama receiver, DVD Player, and the PS2. I got to say that I'm very pleased with that cabinet. It's made by Laurier furniture. (www.laurierfurniture.com) Scala model. It has a swivel inside the cabinet for easy access, a velcro strips on the back for cable management, and also an integrated fan (quiet, but not enough for serious movie watching). I'll try to post a pic soon.

Cheers!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
HAHAHA - he thinks he's DONE! ;)
here's starting to pull him back in ...

your studio 100's multiple woofers are gonna sound great with external amps!
no kidding!

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
Clint DeBoer said:
HAHAHA - he thinks he's DONE! ;)
Ya, Clint, I saw that one coming :rolleyes:
Yeah, I should really say: Finally done with the construction so I can sit, sip a cognac, and enjoy a bit, before upgrading.
And upgrading is part of the fun, especially compared to sniffing paint, sheetrock and wood dust every weekend for the past months!

By the way, thank you Clint for this website. Even though I realise I haven't contributed a lot, I'm a avid fan. I must be one of those silent type.

B

birdcage

Audioholic Intern
looks nice, like the color combo, of the grays and reds, I am working in the same direction myself...
are you drapes just hangig on a regular travelor rod, and do they close?

congrats, enjoy

mytzen

mytzen

Audioholic
Your room looks great but there is one problem, you have a bottle of Jagermeister in your cabinet, shouldnt it should be in a freezer? At least thats where I have always kept it.
Those chairs look great, did they come from Laurier furniture as well?

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
birdcage said:
looks nice, like the color combo, of the grays and reds, I am working in the same direction myself...
are you drapes just hangig on a regular travelor rod, and do they close?

congrats, enjoy
Hi there,

Thanx for the compliments. In my head, it was always clear that those were the colors I was gonna go with, even though my girlfriend was not readily convinced in the beginning. Just imagine me telling her "Yeah, yeah, red leather seats, red carpet, red walls, with dark cherry wood furniture, Its gonna be cool" :)

Anyway, the drapes are on a rod, but i dont use it, and they are not full panel, (velour is kind of expensive...) and I saw no real benefits of doing that. But I kept my options open by installing a real rod.

Cheers!

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
mytzen said:
Your room looks great but there is one problem, you have a bottle of Jagermeister in your cabinet, shouldnt it should be in a freezer? At least thats where I have always kept it.
Those chairs look great, did they come from Laurier furniture as well?
ahhhh, a connoisseur! Yes sir, the devil is in the details! You can't tell from the pic, but the stuff on the top shelf are unopened bottles. There is another one in the fridge (just at the bottom). Some time ago, a chick showed me to drink it very cold, like you suggest, and also with shaved ice. An excellent drink indeed.

The chairs: Laurier Furniture is a furniture manufacturer and their stuff is sold in several stores/chains. Same for Berkline chairs. www.berkline.com
Their website is great because they have a little program allowing you to customize their differents models, and gives you the dimensions and stuff. Perfect to see if a particular model physically fits your room.

I was kind of lucky because a family member owns a furniture store carrying both Laurier Furniture and Berkline cabinets, so I was able to get them pretty much at cost.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
Very nice set-up i like it mucho bueno, but yea def get a pre amp for those studios, my dad has the same ones (studio 100 ver 2) and just has a adcom 100x2 and it blew away his pioneer elite.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
FierceTIMbo17 said:
Very nice set-up i like it mucho bueno, but yea def get a pre amp for those studios, my dad has the same ones (studio 100 ver 2) and just has a adcom 100x2 and it blew away his pioneer elite.
That would be a "power amp". Pre amps are quite useless at powering speakers.:D

Very nice setup indeed. Where is your subwoofer? Also, why are your rear surrounds lower then your side surrounds? Does it sound weird?

SheepStar

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
Sheep said:

Very nice setup indeed. Where is your subwoofer? Also, why are your rear surrounds lower then your side surrounds? Does it sound weird?

SheepStar
yea same thing

D

DDigitalguy06

Audioholic
Very nice looking setup, can i come over?hehehe.
enjoy your home theater. i give it a 10 and a A+:)

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
Sheep said:

SheepStar
The sub is located between the right front and the cabinet. It took me some time to calibrate it right...

Yes, I know what you means for the rears speakers. I gave it a very careful listening before commiting to that placement. It does sounds very good. The side surounds are higher, but altough you cant see it on the picture, those speakers are a bit tilted toward the main listening position. Plus, I didn't want the side speaker directly in my ear.

The rears speakers are fine. They are still above the listening position, and they are 11 feet behind me. So the difference in height is not very noticeable (did not notice yet).

I think that would have been a major problem if the rear surrounds were very close like 2-4 feets.

The sound is very seamsless across the room. I'm very please with the result.

I always though from day one that I needed a lot of juice to power those speakers. I guess I'll have to do some more homework on Poweramps and find out exactly what I need. See, see, the feedback on this website is indispensible!

Ciao

majorloser

majorloser

Looks beautiful! Those Pair-a-diggums look sweet with the cherry decor.

You did the exact the color scheme Loserwife wanted. (I'll hear about it :( )

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
FierceTIMbo17 said:
.....but Tim, there are reviews out there performed with blindfolds that say different....you're not going to accept these reviews as LAW compared to what your ears told you???....(correct, sarcasm).....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis