Finally completing my HT project!

C

Cory Raymer

Enthusiast
Well, it has been decently long project. I had this house built a bit more than a year ago, it was hard finding an existing home to suit my needs, so we had one built. The downstairs is 2100sq ft with 3 bedrooms, upstairs is 750 sq ft. and I had them only put in a restroom and leave the rest wide open.

For the past year or so, it was only my office and a craft area for my wife, but about a month and a half ago, I got to work. Keep in mind, while I have built a few sheds and a large workshop (took forever), I am not a carpenter by trade, so it was not terribly fast. I did all of my own framing, electric (added 2 dedicated circuits for the HT room, one for the media rack and the other for the projector, LED wall sconces and rope light), hung the drywall, tape and float, texture, trim and paint, media closet shelves and riser platform for 2nd row seating.

The hardest part of all of this is that the room is upstairs and must had made Eleventy Billion trips up and down those stairs, for every damn cut or adjustment needed. I did not want to bring my sliding compound miter saw in the house, would have been a mess!

Before I started, since I have a busy regular job and like to spend my off time with my wife riding the Harley, we got a couple quotes to do this as a turnkey job from a contractor. The best price I was offered, from start to painted for the construction was $6500. At that point, I said, "Hell no!" and did it myself. My total investment, not counting gear was $1,150.00 and took me 4 solid weekends and a bunch of evenings after work from about 5pm to 10ish....

With all that said here is the beginning....

Attachments

C

Cory Raymer

Enthusiast
Here is the almost finished room. I still have a bit of clean up, touch ups, straightening out the media closet wiring to make it nice and clean and hook up the Panamax and Drobo. Excuse the clutter, will get some pictures after it is 100%. While I have seen many HT projects here that dwarfs mine in comparison, I am very proud and pleased with what I have created and think we will get years of enjoyment out of it.

Attachments

C

Cory Raymer

Enthusiast
I still have to get my speakers placed properly and do the calibration via Audessy EQ, but it already sounds amazing. Here is the gear I selected. I know there are much higher end speakers out there, but for the size of this room, about 15 x 20, this system more than fills it up and the Rythmik 15" subwoofer will shake the whole house if I let it. haha

Klipsch RP-280F towers
Klipsch RP-450C center
Klipsch RP-240S Surrounds
Klipsch CDT-3650-C II in ceiling rears
Rythmik Audio FVX15 400W RMS 15" sub (this thing is a beast)
Denon AVR-3200W Receiver
Emotiva XPA-5 Amplifier
Panamax Power conditioner
Roku 3
PS 4
Intel NUC for my HTPC
Drobo NAS
APC 1400va UPS for media rack
smaller APC 750VA for Projector

Cosmic Char

Cosmic Char

Audioholic
What an incredible set up! Jealous, party of one here!;)

C

Cory Raymer

Enthusiast
It has been quite a while, but have really been enjoying the new media room. Here are some updated pics. As always there are some things I would have liked to have done different or better, but I was limited by both room size and budget. Anymore spent and I would have had to sell my Harley and that ain't happening haha.

Attachments

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Pat yourself on the back that is a great setup I wish I had. Take time to enjoy it. Time flies...I really like my humble Klipsch PJ setup.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis