Finally bought everything...now what?

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
For the past couple of months, I've made a point to come to this board virtually every day to read about what I might want to buy and what I might not want to buy. Now, I've finally bought everything (see signature for what I bought) and it seems like a letdown that I don't have anything new to look forwart to buying in the not-too-distant future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with everything I have. It was always just nice to look forward to that next piece that I needed to get. Anyone else experience this feeling?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Upgraditis is a real *****....

It's the same thing when you were little, the whole new toy thing. Now your toys are just more expensive.

Everyone has it, you're definitely not alone. All you can do is stave it off until you find a suitable upgrade :rolleyes:

BTW, nice system! How do you like it?

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Not to fear

briggek8717 said:
For the past couple of months, I've made a point to come to this board virtually every day to read about what I might want to buy and what I might not want to buy. Now, I've finally bought everything (see signature for what I bought) and it seems like a letdown that I don't have anything new to look forwart to buying in the not-too-distant future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with everything I have. It was always just nice to look forward to that next piece that I needed to get. Anyone else experience this feeling?
Brigg,

You've put together a perfect Audioholics system. One many of the members dream of having. How does it perform? Can you post some pictures? (www.photobucket.com if you need an IMG generator)

Did you purchase a membership to Blockbuster/Netflix online DVD rentals? You can look forward to movies now. How's the setup in your car? Need an amp or sub? How about some banana plugs for your speaker wires? I'm sure there's lots of items we can help you find if you have money burning a hole in your pocket. :) Don't forget about audio gifts for family and friends.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There is no question in my mind, I'm sure that is great in the family room.

Now, time to start thinking about the home theater with ten foot screen.

EDIT:
I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE LEFT ME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR THIS! The guy just finished one great room of his home and system, then upgraditis kicks in so it's time to move onto the next room and NEXT big project! I got negative feedback for a compliment?!? WTF!

Last edited:
T

tedmjr2

Junior Audioholic
Buttkickers (tactile transducers) may interest you. I had your dilemma and would testify that they're essential for me in a home theater environment.

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
I'll post pictures in a couple days. I'm still in the process of finding a decent TV stand...it's on a card table at the moment and that just scares me.

On a different note, I got DirecTV set up yesterday, and holy cow does ESPN HD look amazing. I can't wait for the NFL season to start when I have the Sunday Ticket in HD!!! Also, I didn't purchase a Netflix membership yet because when I signed up for the Sunday Ticket, they gave me a great deal on the Premium package they offer (basically every channel they have including all the movie channels) for 4 months. I'll probably sign up for Netflix once those 4 months are up and I go back to normal programming.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Sunday Tick in HD, thats gonna be awesome, I'm going to have to deal with just the local channels and ESPN HD to watch my football in HD, but I guess I'll get by that way : )

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
How do you manage to play your records without a turntable? :cool:

Mort

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Now, that you've purchased your gear, there's still plenty to do. Plenty to look forward to. Such as:

1) Get those speakers broken in. Put about 100 hours of continuous use on them. Play a CD during the night and at day while you're at work.

2) Buy some music that you've been wanting to enjoy. Listen in the dark - enjoy the music.

Lots of us use our gear for dual-purposes. I find that I actually listen to way more music than watching movies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis