Fifth Element Ultimate Edition?

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
It doesn't have DTS 6.1 - it looks like it's just the SuperBit version with lots of added content on a second disc... anyone know for sure? I know a lot of people regard TFE as the best looking DVD on the market.

B

BuddTX

Audioholic
From Amazon.com:
==============================================
DVD features
Because of its striking vision and slam-bang sci-fi action, The Fifth Element has long been a prime show-off disc for home-theater owners. The third DVD release, the two-disc Ultimate Edition, is the best one yet. It's essentially a Superbit Deluxe DVD, reserving the first disc for the film in a high bit-rate picture and DTS sound borrowed from the earlier Superbit DVD (a tiny Superbit logo is displayed on the back cover) and an interesting though barely legible subtitled trivia track (text only so it doesn't take much disc space). From the greater detail to the more natural colors, it's a better viewing experience overall. The second disc contains two hours of featurettes, produced in 2004 and new to DVD. In fact, it's the first Fifth Element DVD to have supplemental features of any kind. Topics covered include visual effects, how the aliens were created, Milla Jovovich's screen tests (you can watch four of them), and the French artists whose comic books provided the initial inspiration and earned them an invitation to work with the design team. Jovovich, Bruce Willis, and everyone else involved in the picture seems to make an appearance, except director Luc Besson. --David Horiuchi

Technical Information
Release Information:
Studio: Columbia Tristar Hom
Theatrical Release Date: May 9, 1997
DVD Release Date: January 11, 2005
Run Time: 126 minutes
Production Company: columbia
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s):
Widescreen anamorphic - 2.35:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS 5.1)
Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Thai, Chinese (Traditional)

Edition Details:
• Region 1. PLEASE NOTE: Some Region 1 DVDs may contain Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE). Some, but not all, of our international customers have had problems playing these enhanced discs on what are called "region-free" DVD players. For more information on RCE, click here. Read more about DVD formats.
• Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound
• Over 120 minutes of never-before-seen exclusive featurettes: The Digital Element, The Visual Element, The Star Element, The Fashion Element, The Diva
• Feature-length trivia fact track
• Camera, costume, and set tests and more
• Number of discs: 2
• ASIN: B0006GVJE4

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Figures... I just ordered a used Superbit from Amazon. Oh well, only paid $12 for it, the cheapest I've seen one. Planned on selling my "regular" edition for on Ebay, better hurry before these flood the market. Least it's not going to be 6.1 or I'd have to buy that new one for sure. :)

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Reviewers and insiders elsewhere have confirmed that not only is it the same process as the original Superbit edition, it is in fact the *exact *same *transfer. (A stellar x-fer at that, I might add.) If you don't have any version, buy the Ultimate, but if you've already got SB, don't panic.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis