Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other - Please List

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I am just curious as to everyones favorite speaker brands. Give us a reason why you chose that brand and if you've researched that brand on the Audioholics editorial site or forums. thanks.

D

david-me

Audioholic Intern
Av123 is my favorite... ( please respect my choice :) )

I have owned:
AV123
Klipsch
Energy
Bic
Polk
Cerwin Vega

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My favorite is NHT, but I haven't auditioned speakers in a little over ten years. Back then, they beat out Polk, Infinity, Paradigm, Definitive Technology, B&W, Bose, and some that I'm probably forgetting. Of course, they beat out the speakers of those brands in my price range - I didn't hear any of the upper end B&Ws.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My favorite is NHT, but I haven't auditioned speakers in a little over ten years. Back then, they beat out Polk, Infinity, Paradigm, Definitive Technology, B&W, Bose, and some that I'm probably forgetting. Of course, they beat out the speakers of those brands in my price range - I didn't hear any of the upper end B&Ws.
You're crazy. Infinity smokes NHT. :D

j/k. I've never heard NHT. I really haven't heard enough different speakers to have a clear favorite but the best I have heard is Def Tech 7002.

Matt34

Matt34

I keep going back to the Infinities, but hopefully I can get to listen to some RBH, Usher and B&W soon.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I chose PSB over Paradigm, Axiom, Klipsch, Boston Acosutics, Atlantic Technonolgy, Polk and Def Techs djring my auditions. I just love their sound and detail.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
It's so hard to answer because of limited exposure.

Paradigm: I own several pieces and have listened to all but their newest high-end gear.

B&W: Have heard in the local store for extended periods. Haven't heard their high-end (800), liked everything but the low bass on what I did hear (store doesn't seem to have subs properly set).

Axiom: Haven't listened to.
Definitive: Think I listened to once, but apparently didn't leave an impression.
Klipsch: Haven't properly auditioned. Think I've mostly heard their low-end stuff.
Polk: Listened to some of their low-end stuff. No real impression.
PSB: Only have the 400i from the late 80s. An OK bookshelf but rather muddy.
Infinity: Love some of their older stuff. Haven't spent much time with their newer stuff.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
With out any doubt - Salk! Their quality made me admit to myself that I could never do as well with DIY.

Second best brand is Vandersteen.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm going to have to go with Definitive on this one.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
I'd go with Ascend Acoustics at this point. I like their approach. Low-keyed and all about the sound, afaict. David F. seems to be a total speaker geek, which is what you want running a speaker company.

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
Out of all the speakers that I have owned, auditioned, I think that the Ascend Sierra's are probably the most impressive speaker for the money. I use them for the front three in my theater.

Compared to: Cambridge Soundworks, AV123, Swan, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Klipsch.

I will eventually find something better (when I have the money,) but Ascend makes excellent speakers.

Jim

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I love my ESS monitors that I've owned since '82. I really haven't heard anything since that justified a change. But if something happened to them I think I'd lean toward something like Dynaudio.

S

SnowmaNick

Junior Audioholic
I love the PSB Imagine and Synchrony lines. I felt they had a clear high-end, great mid's and a huge soundstage. Solidly engineered and constructed at reasonable prices all the while paying attention to aesthetics.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
I listened to various speakers, Paradigm, PSB, Totem, B&W. Axiom was the one I could afford.

To be fair, the PSBs were in an open area and the store I was at would not let me compare them to the Totems they were trying to up-sell me on with their dedicated room. :rolleyes:

I guess I would qualify my vote as my favourite of those I could afford.

Quickley17

Quickley17

Audioholic
I have to go with Polk because they are the only brand I've ever owned. Having said that though, I am currently on a quest for new speakers (that I intend to purchase in a year or so) and have been very impressed by B&W. I would like to listen to Paradigm, and intend to hear Salk SongTowers in the next couple of months, and at some point, I would like to listen to Martin Logan or Vienna Acoustics outside of Magnolia.

The best brand/speaker I have heard personally is the Sonus Faber Liuto. My brother has them, and they are just phenomenal... I try not to listen to them too often to maintain an illusion that my speakers still sound good.

T

TriMe

Enthusiast
My Vote

Theater Solutions TSS8C - Symphony Series.
That's right...you have never heard of them...too bad so sad, they are amazing and at half the cost. Check them out, I would love to see a review on these...and see what my die hard audio forum enthusiasts have to say.

PS. They definately blow Polk out of the water..sorry Quickly17

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Hmmmmm. Gee, what speaker manufacturer would b my favorite ;) ?

I wonder :rolleyes: .

DJ

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Seems to be lots of axiom fans around here.
I guess I'm a fan now because I recently purchased some Axiom Q4's and they were exactly what I was looking for...:).
As for my favorite brand...I've listened to Polk-Rti's,Psb's-Image,Klipsch-Rf's,Paradigm Monitors and Energy. Out of these auditions I swung back and forth between the PSB and Energy and I finally decided on my current speakers.
Regards, Bill...:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis