Favorite Sayings? Philosophy?

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
The truth is rarely pure and never simple - Oscar Wilde from The Importance of Being Earnest

Moderation in all things, especially moderation - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Take his half out of your half. -My friend Brian on a 3-way split

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
You support gun control? So you would castrate yourself because your neighbor has too many kids?

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Depending on the day........
Finer than for hair or lower than a well diggers butt

itschris

itschris

My own saying... just used it today with one of the kids here at the office:

If you're not failing, you're not pushing. Failing is fine... just fail fast. (meaning once you realize you're screwed, don't drag it out... just accept it, correct it, and pick a new direction.)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My own saying... just used it today with one of the kids here at the office:

If you're not failing, you're not pushing. Failing is fine... just fail fast. (meaning once you realize you're screwed, don't drag it out... just accept it, correct it, and pick a new direction.)
Not bad. That's sort of a racing thing too: You're either on the gas or the brakes; there is nothing in between :)

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
An old friend's mother used to "One who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones at the neighbor's."

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Man who stand on toilet, high on pot. :D

But seriously

Weniger aber besser

"People who know what they're talking about don't need powerpoint."

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I don't like powerpoint :) Unless you are selling something, a presentation with a bunch of fades and animations suggests to me that the information or idea contained within isn't up to snuff.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is possible.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
"As much as it might benefit you to unburden yourself, can we get back to my question?"
Raylan Givens

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
“I don’t mean to be rude —” he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

“— yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often,” Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely. “Best to say nothing at all, my dear man.”

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

annunaki

annunaki

My father always would tell us when looking for something: "It is in the last place you look"

Another I like:

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jimincfalls

Enthusiast
Not my favorite saying, but a good one...

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
"I always want to learn but I don't always appreciate being taught" attributed to Churchill

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
"What are you ducking for? They couldn't hit an elephant at that dista-" Union General John Sedgwick's final words

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis