Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

Das right, I ran out of f^%&s to give. This colossal rats nest was obtained by using wires long enough to make the connections outside the cabinet and then shoving the whole mess out the back. Nice, huh?

The good thing is that Audyssey was super easy to set up. The results were really pretty spectacular considering that Audyssey was applied to a Primus speaker package with modified mains. I went into the manual set up and set the mains and surrounds to Small with an 80 Hz xo. I wonder if that is something I should have done before running MultiEQ.

jcparks sold an NR1504 to a friend of mine that loves Spam.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Das right, I ran out of f^%&s to give. This colossal rats nest was obtained by using wires long enough to make the connections outside the cabinet and then shoving the whole mess out the back. Nice, huh?

The good thing is that Audyssey was super easy to set up. The results were really pretty spectacular considering that Audyssey was applied to a Primus speaker package with modified mains. I went into the manual set up and set the mains and surrounds to Small with an 80 Hz xo. I wonder if that is something I should have done before running MultiEQ.

jcparks sold an NR1504 to a friend of mine that loves Spam.

Settings are wiped out when you run Audyssey....you may set to small / raise xover (don't lower xover) post-Audyssey.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
You can't know how happy that makes me. Mine looks just like that, but we're in the midst of painting and reflooring, so I had to unplug everything so it could all be moved. I've been fretting about how to clean it all up when I plug everything back in. Now maybe I have the answer... Don't. Thanks!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@Alex2507 My main systems' ratnest of wires is much scarier looking than yours :) Keep meaning to make it look more like this, LOL:
wires.jpg

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Money spent on pretty bundles of cables wrapped compulsively with those velcro cable ties, is money NOT spent on better speakers.

Buying Spam in bulk quantities is probably a better use of the cash.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's not my system.

Thanks for the Audyssey rules about speaker size, xo points and anymore tips to come. I hadn't expected that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That WattBox is upside-down- why? WHY? WHY?

Looks like the red cables are un-marked, too- part of me would like to go in and re-arrange them. o_O
So it wasn't a well-chosen pic I google-grabbed :) There was a system I remember seeing a pic of, was a high end installer's own gear....it was really well done and properly coded
Look what @BMXTRIX did for his house.... make sure your jaw is properly attached
The link didn't really make it obvious where to look....but will keep an eye out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's not my system.

Thanks for the Audyssey rules about speaker size, xo points and anymore tips to come. I hadn't expected that.
No problem, let me know if I can help further, have run Audyssey a few times....:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Money spent on pretty bundles of cables wrapped compulsively with those velcro cable ties, is money NOT spent on better speakers.

Buying Spam in bulk quantities is probably a better use of the cash.
How dare you dis the Velcro? :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Look what @BMXTRIX did for his house.... make sure your jaw is properly attached
That would be here...
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/so-here-we-go-24-a-v-zones-w-10-sources.83272/

Getting things all setup and using them is awesome. Knowing you aren't going to touch things for years after you install them is inspiration to clean up the cabling and make it look right.

Zip ties and velcro is cheap, cheap, cheap!

Geez, I need to update or completely rewrite that old topic.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That would be here...
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/so-here-we-go-24-a-v-zones-w-10-sources.83272/

Getting things all setup and using them is awesome. Knowing you aren't going to touch things for years after you install them is inspiration to clean up the cabling and make it look right.

Yeah, that's the key. It really sucks to get everything nice and neat, then need to replace a cable.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My HT wiring is a mess of Biblical proportions. But, it's all hidden behind the false wall and AT screen. :)

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
That would be here...

BMTRIX:
is that really a pic of your system wiring? if its really yours, I bow to your organization and zip tie skills.
I have a personality failing in that I want to hurredly setup a system (messy wires, no labels) but in the long term I can't stand to have a wire showing up above a piece of equipment. To get that one wire to lay down, I often have to go in and recable the whole enchilada. I would be better to be methodical in the first place.

TLS Guy posted some pics of his system. From the front, its as tidy as tidy can be. Custom cabinets and install for every piece of equipment. From the back (false wall) you see the rats nest. I have to give TLS Guy credit though, for as much equipment as he has the rats nest was very well done. Not like the pic posted with the red wires, but still an impressive feat.

But your photos of your setup show great discipline. I loves the technology. I hope you are happy with the sound. Is your stereo image "well organized"?

Again, I bow to your OCD'ness

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Someone call 911. This is a cry for help !
Not only does someone love spam, but they put it away in neat organized columns.
The Spam is the least of my concerns : there's also Chef Boy ArDee Raviolis in there.
If a child got in to those, there's no telling what the damage could be.
Excuse me while I go running from the room. I have an instant craving for Spaghetti O's.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Pic's or it didn't happen. Use the flash, Luke.
After all these years, you doubt my word!?:eek:

Smart man...;)

I'd have to take the screen down first....that's a lot of work!

I'm going out with some American friends this evening to help them drown their sorrows and offer a shoulder to cry on...that'll be more fun.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
BMTRIX:
is that really a pic of your system wiring? if its really yours, I bow to your organization and zip tie skills.
Thanks. Yes, that's my setup, or what it was a few years ago. The amps/analog section is the same, but I've added a 16x16 digital matrix switcher for video with integrated DSP for my stereo zones. The amps and preamps are all still the same, but a bit dusty after several years in my unfinished basement.

I still need to spend a few days behind the racks cleaning up the new cabling and adding some HDMI inputs in a few locations in the house, but I'm pretty happy with things at the moment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis