Eyeglasses. Can BJ compete with Costco?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just had my first eye exam in two and a half years. Last time Costco was the best source for glasses. Prices and digital lenses.
However, I am new to BJ's and wondering if they compete.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Many years ago I was in the work lunchroom and this woman said she did BJ's for paper towels. Needless to say more than a few men walked over with paper towels.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
I'm not sure what you paid at Costco, or what BJ's is, but for years I have been buying my glasses online at warbyparker.com. Free home try-ons, never had a problem with their optics, and on the one occasion i had a frame problem they replaced it no-charge and gave me a partial refund. I own 7 pairs of their glasses.

You can get even cheaper at places like zenni optical. A friend of mine likes their glasses, but I'd prefer to try them on first before I buy.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Warby Parker is great. I'm glad they have higher index lenses available now.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Sam's Club has decent selections. I got a couple of pairs for $200 each.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Just had my first eye exam in two and a half years. Last time Costco was the best source for glasses. Prices and digital lenses.
However, I am new to BJ's and wondering if they compete.
Compete in what sense Kurt? Apart from your choice in a frame, the additional costs come from the lenses (higher indexes), options like transitions or coatings, and whether you're going for progressives. As to how your local BJ's stacks up, try looking for reviews on places like Yelp to gauge feedback.

The wife and I go to a somewhat local chain where we use DavisVision. We get an exam and glasses once a year. My last pair were prescription, progressive, sunglasses. I opted for their Crizal lenses and the total package cost me $50. Same for the wife who had the same brand of lenses put into an existing frame she had. IMO, the Crizal are nothing short of spectacular in terms of clarity. I'll be going again this year where I'll be getting regular distance glasses as there are times when progressives prove to be an annoyance like when watching TV while laying down.

What sort of prescription do you have and did they give you your IPD?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I don't wear classes anymore, but hear Warby Parker is good. If you want glasses on the cheap, 39Dollarglasses has some decent stuff. Great for kids that destroy these things.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis