fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I was asking about the philharmonic 2s, and about getting them in a different color than black. I was told that in order to get them in a different color they would have to be custom built just like the phil 3s. I was wondering what effect this would have on the bass because the custom made cabinet is larger than the standard phil 2 cabinet.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Who better to ask than the builders themselves?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Who better to ask than the builders themselves?
Oops forgot to include my last sentence :eek: They said it would extend the bass, just looking for a little more explanation as to what this will mean for room placement and sound. Does this mean it will just get deeper and lower? Or does this have more to do with the sound waves?

generalkorrd

generalkorrd

Audioholic Intern
It will drop the f3 somewhat.. depends on how much bigger the cab is. Short answer- yes, it will dig a little deeper, and maybe even be more pronounced. It depends on how much bigger they are going on whether or not you will notice the change.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I thought the cabinet was the same size if a Phil 2 was supplied with a different color than black or the white. I feel from the correspondence I have had on the same subject it's more labor (cost) for a different color and the cabinet size doesn't change, unless you want a Phil 3... Send Dennis a email and ask.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I thought the cabinet was the same size if a Phil 2 was supplied with a different color than black or the white. I feel from the correspondence I have had on the same subject it's more labor (cost) for a different color and the cabinet size doesn't change, unless you want a Phil 3... Send Dennis a email and ask.
I did, the email he sent me said that for a veneer other than the satin black the cabinet had to be custom built and that it would end up being the same size cabinet as the phil 3 and that it was a 300 dollar labor cost for the basic customization.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That's interesting... but really good information....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I mean, if you only care about changing from black to a more natural finish thats still a $700 dollar difference between the phil 2 and 3, but adding anything else and you really start creeping very close to the phil 3 price.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis