EXT STEREO vs. AUTO SURROUND?

D

dloszews

Audiophyte
I have a Pioneer VSX-520-K with 3x Polk Audio Monitor 40s for the front and 2x Polk Audio Monitor 30s for the rear. I was reading the user manual on my Pioneer receiver and it suggests putting my system in AUTO SURROUND which automatically detects what kind of source your playing and selects multichannel or stereo playback but I find that I get the most enjoyable listening when my system is set to EXT STEREO which gives multichannel sound to a stereo source. Does anyone have any advice when it comes to setting up your system and choosing your settings?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
thats probably multichannel stereo, my personal taste is to use dolby pro logic II when listening to music, stereo is so flat and boring :p, unlinke multi-channel stereo, it actually derives 5 channels from music that are entirely unique and it is capable of well mimicing a large live perfomance and giving a new perception of spatiality that i simply find incredible sounding. not to mention if you use a center channel, it removes the oh so annoying stereo sweet spot by giving a real center channel rather then an "illusion" of one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis