DonBattles

Audioholic
OK, we left out food so I guess you could say we invited him.... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
I personally like Squirrels

Yes all four of his "hands" are red. I personally like Squirrels, but i know a lot of peopel don't. And it makes me sad in my neighborhood when I see one that didn't fare well with an auto.

Great picture :cool: --- aren't they hard to get to sit still for a pose :rolleyes:

Later ,

MidCow2

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
This guy helps him self to the sunflower stash. He can unlock the handle and push off the lid. Nice pictures DonB.adde

Last edited:
itschris

itschris

Neat pics.

We're just starting to get squirrels coming back into our neighborhood. The basically mowed down the entire site when they built the subdivision. Every property has to have at least one oak on it and now that they starting to get some size, I'm just noticing within the past month that I've seen some of those lilttle guys running around.

I don't mind them at all. We have a corner lot and on the side I have two bird feeders and a bird bath. I don't care if the squirrels eat the seed... I buy it in bulk at SAMs so maybe at some point they'll make a point to hang out near my house. I've only got one small-ish scrub oak on the side near the road... maybe only 10 feet high, but I did put it 16 palm trees on our property. I think they do like palms too, but I'm not sure.

We have preserve that backs up to our neighborhood and we have hawks, falcons, and 3 amazing bald eagles. A couple times now I've seen the Falcon on the bird bath, He's pretty big with wingspan of maybe 3 feet or so. One of these days I'll get a pc. It would be really cool if one of the eagles paid a visit.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I think squirrels are hella cute. We have a bunch of 'em in our neighborhood. They're fun to watch. They're pretty smart too. I remember watching some show on PBS where a person kept trying to keep them from getting food out of a bird feeder. He kept setting up obstacles and the squirrels would always eventually figure them out and get around them.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The most photogenic squirrel on the planet.

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands. www. sugarbushsquirrel.com

J

jamie2112

Banned
I will pump you up for a few nuts.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This is more like it.
Question - did he drink the Old Pile first, or is he saving it for last?

I dig squirrels. We had them all over in Illinois where I grew up, but not so much out here in Tucson. I did see one once in my yard, which shocked me - I didn't think that any lived out this way. I thought that it was very cool.

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic

I started feed the squirrels after my dog died. The became my adopted pets. Started feeding them peanuts in the shell but my neighbours started to complain about the mess, and caught one neighbour putting out traps. Chewed him out and he took it down. So switched to shelled nuts. Then started having problems with the bluejays coming around, there nothing but pretty crows. So started training the squirrels to come in the house through a hole in the sliding door screen. Eventually had them so they would come in climb up the ottoman and get there nuts there. It really freaked people out who didn't know.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Ignore the Texas on my location. Part of me looks at squirrels as tree rats. The former California resident in me looks at them as Bubonic plague spreading pests. The native Louisiana part of me looks at them as a snack meant to be skinned, seasoned and grilled! ;)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I was working in a customers house a few years ago; when I neighbor knocked at the door, and informed me my lights were on in my truck.
We both walked outside, and sure enough, they were on.
As I got closer I notice a squirrel running around inside the truck!
I opened both doors to let him out; he took off like a rocket.

On closer inspection, I saw that he had gotten into my lunch, and also tore into my new seat covers; while defecating all over, inside.

He gained entrance through the sunroof, It was tilted up about 2".
As for the headlights being on; It seems he hit the paddle switch while doing laps around the inside of the truck.
The neighbor mentioned later that they have many squirrel problems in that neighborhood.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I started feed the squirrels after my dog died. The became my adopted pets. Started feeding them peanuts in the shell but my neighbours started to complain about the mess, and caught one neighbour putting out traps. Chewed him out and he took it down. So switched to shelled nuts. Then started having problems with the bluejays coming around, there nothing but pretty crows. So started training the squirrels to come in the house through a hole in the sliding door screen. Eventually had them so they would come in climb up the ottoman and get there nuts there. It really freaked people out who didn't know.
That's awesome. I had a co-worker that had a squirrel for a pet. They saved it from a cat. Cutest thing ever.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I was working in a customers house a few years ago; when I neighbor knocked at the door, and informed me my lights were on in my truck.
We both walked outside, and sure enough, they were on.
As I got closer I notice a squirrel running around inside the truck!
I opened both doors to let him out; he took off like a rocket.

On closer inspection, I saw that he had gotten into my lunch, and also tore into my new seat covers; while defecating all over, inside.

He gained entrance through the sunroof, It was tilted up about 2".
As for the headlights being on; It seems he hit the paddle switch while doing laps around the inside of the truck.
The neighbor mentioned later that they have many squirrel problems in that neighborhood.
Sorry about the squirrel crapping in your truck, but that's funny as hell.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Or, as the squirrels probably put it, they have many human problems in that neighborhood. :)

Sorry about your truck, btw. I'm sure that wasn't a pleasant experience. Like Darien, though, I thought your story was hilarious!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Or, as the squirrels probably put it, they have many human problems in that neighborhood. :)

Sorry about your truck, btw. I'm sure that wasn't a pleasant experience. Like Darien, though, I thought your story was hilarious!

This neighborhood was really into their squirrels, and the squirrel related problems.

Only after this incident happened, did I notice houses with shutters that had squirrel silhouettes carved into them.

When I pulled the electric meter to the house. I noticed that most of the power lines going onto the houses there had plastic garbage can lids attached to them.
The lids were cut half way through, from the edge to the center. The lid was then stuck over the wire.
They were meant to act as a shield. So that when the squirrels tried to gain access to the house via crawling along the power lines, it would block them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis