B

binster

Audiophyte
OK - too many hours surfing reading the writeups.. Time to get advise..

Setting up new home theater, and wife rules are no speakers on the floor. Although I am leaning towards the Axiom epic 60 set..

Any good suggestions on wall mount speakers.. I really want something that will not look too small next to the projection screen which is 60" high.

For amps.. was leaning on onkyo 702.. but Marantz 2500 was recommended. Any experience advise for this area also?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
binster said:
OK - too many hours surfing reading the writeups.. Time to get advise..

Setting up new home theater, and wife rules are no speakers on the floor. Although I am leaning towards the Axiom epic 60 set..

Any good suggestions on wall mount speakers.. I really want something that will not look too small next to the projection screen which is 60" high.

For amps.. was leaning on onkyo 702.. but Marantz 2500 was recommended. Any experience advise for this area also?
You need to settle on speakers first, then pick a receiver to handle your needs and the speakers. Axioms are very good if that will meet the decorating needs of spouse :D

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
We could also use a budget amount and room size. You'll definitely want to purchase the receiver based on your speaker requirements. Low impedance and sensitivity speakers are a problem for most receivers.

B

binster

Audiophyte
more info

Yeah.. I guess that would help..
Room is 16x20.. Going to be setup with 92" projection screen and two rows of seats..

Budget for audio including amp is 3500-4000. Lots of action/loud movies for me, and the wife needs something where ya can hear voice without blasting the system. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis