Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema LS10000 3LCD Reflective Laser Projector Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema LS10000 projector isn't cheap at somewhere under $8000 estimated street price, but it certainly isn't anywhere near the astronomical prices we've seen in other high-end projectors. With a laser light source bragging up to 30,000 hours, absolute black with zero lumens given off, and every bell and whistle you could want in a projector, the only thing this projector is missing is 4k resolution. With their pseudo-4k solution, maybe you won't miss it.

Lasers are making their way into exotic cars as an alternative to HID headlights. Are you ready to step up to a Laser Front Projection System?

Read the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema LS10000 3LCD Reflective Laser Projector Preview.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema LS10000 projector isn't cheap at somewhere under $8000 estimated street price, but it certainly isn't anywhere near the astronomical prices we've seen in other high-end projectors. With a laser light source bragging up to 30,000 hours, absolute black with zero lumens given off, and every bell and whistle you could want in a projector, the only thing this projector is missing is 4k resolution. With their pseudo-4k solution, maybe you won't miss it.

Lasers are making their way into exotic cars as an alternative to HID headlights. Are you ready to step up to a Laser Front Projection System?

Read the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema LS10000 3LCD Reflective Laser Projector Preview.
With all the 4k TV talk sometimes we forget: Where 4k really matters is in projectors. This looks to be a great unit, and the built in upsampling is interesting. I'm still waiting on a true 4k projector.

N

nickboros

Audioholic
I am very excited about this projector in terms of the possibility that the technology will take off with Sony and especially JVC. We have been told that with a laser light source there is not the added bonus of not replacing your lamp every year or two, but potentially having better black levels, higher local contrast levels, and expanding the color gamut. These seem like they will have a much bigger impact on picture quality than just resolution. The Sony's first projector to do 4k was $25,000 to $30,000. This comes in at $8,000! Hopefully we can see some improvements in picture qualities mentioned above, or it is at least as good as the current best offerings. Like I said, I am excited about this technology.

The only issue I am concerned with is using a laser light source. In a low ceiling mount application do we need to be especially careful of looking into the light? This would be a big concern with kids.

XTZ USA

XTZ USA

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Saw this projector at a store where they previewed it. Truly AMAZING picture quality.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Laser light source seems very interesting to me. 1500 Lumens & 30,000 hours of life is also very cool. So if you watch 4 hours per day, it should last about 21 years. :D

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Laser light source seems very interesting to me. 1500 Lumens & 30,000 hours of life is also very cool. So if you watch 4 hours per day, it should last about 21 years. :D

30K hours would be sweet!!

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Has anyone compared this projector to the Jvc x7000 or 9000 for 2d content. I really like the look of this projector and also like the Jvc's.This Epson seems big and bulky which I like, and also weighs in well.I am looking at buying very soon and can't wait for a demo in a months time.For me native 4K can wait, just too darn expensive and at a short throw distance who would notice especially with the 2d contrast ratios' of day and the brightness of these projectors.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis