Epson 8500UB Projector For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am selling my wonderful Epson 8500UB projector due to chronic upgrade syndrome for $975 shipped. Please PM me if interested. :)

There are no noticeable cosmetic or operational defects. I would rate this an 8/10 condition. The projector was replaced on warranty, and this replacement was in perfect condition such that I could not tell if the replacement was new or refurbished (all replacements are shipped with new bulbs).

It has been used in a smoke-free house for 1106 hours and, as with all my gear, I have taken excellent care of it. We always ran in Eco mode. The specs say that the bulb should last 4000 hours in this mode.

It outputs an excellent picture. I took a couple of screen shots from Inception before I took it down. I could have chosen a more colorful film and I am pretty bad at taking pictures of projected images, but here they are.

There are a couple of things that are pretty standard for this projector, as you will see by reading through a few pages on its AVS forum page which do not affect the operation of the machine, but I will touch on them for full disclosure purposes. The fan is louder than the projector central page claims, but it was not very bothersome. I only notice it during very quiet scenes in movies. Secondly, the horizontal and vertical lens shift dials are coupled to each other and somewhat mushy-feeling so they jump around a bit at first, but it just takes a bit of patience to get them set appropriately.

I think I covered everything. Please feel free to ask questions and thanks again for looking!

strube

strube

Bump and price reduction:

$875 shipped

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I want it and I would totally buy it, and yet having to purchase a screen is what prevents me :(

Stupid acoustically transparent screens. Turing what would be an $875 purchase into an $1800 purchase :mad:

strube

strube

I want it and I would totally buy it, and yet having to purchase a screen is what prevents me :(

Stupid acoustically transparent screens. Turing what would be an $875 purchase into an $1800 purchase :mad:
DIY fixed AT screen, man!

Shouldn't cost more than $300. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
DIY fixed AT screen, man!

Shouldn't cost more than $300. :)
Ah, if only I could. I don't have a dedicated room so I could only swing a retractable AT screen without getting smothered in my sleep :D

Someone's going to get a terrific projector.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Would this work well with the painted on wall screen, Home Depot Behr Movie screen?

And would it be an upgrade from the Panny AX200U?

Mine is starting to get dim off the 2nd bulb that I have. So, debating on buying a bulb or a new PJ.

strube

strube

Would this work well with the painted on wall screen, Home Depot Behr Movie screen?

I would say absolutely yes to both questions, although you should shoot for pretty good light control to get the best black levels on your wall screen.

This Epson is a true HT projector vs your current Panny which is technically a general purpose presentation projector. You should find that the Epson image quality for video/games/TV is greatly superior with true 1080p and 200,000:1 contrast for the Epson vs 6000:1 for your Panny, meaning the Epson black levels will likely blow your mind. Your Panny also accepts 1080p signals but has to downscale to 720p. Depending on your viewing distance, the contrast will probably be the most notable improvement, but the resolution gets more important the closer you are seated in relation to your screen.

The brightness is possibly going to be a little better on your Panny as it has more of a presentation grade brightness. That said, the Epson has a high brightness mode that should provide you similar brightness to your Panny at the sacrifice of some bulb longevity (they are both rated at 2000 lumens in this mode but that spec can't be verified too well because they all use different equipment to spec their units so take it with a grain of salt). I never ran this PJ on that high brightness mode because I wanted to maximize my bulb life and I have bat-cave like light control in my room so the extra brightness wasn't necessary.

Thanks!

Strube

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Mine is starting to get dim off the 2nd bulb that I have. So, debating on buying a bulb or a new PJ.
It's a definite upgrade. I went from 720p to 1080p and the picture is definitely worth the cost.

strube

strube

This projector has been sold.

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis