Epos Elan 30 or focal 726 chorus?

Z

Zeekus32

Audiophyte
How is it going everyone, I am new to the forums although I have been reading here for a while. I was looking at purchasing some floor standing speakers and didn't know if anyone here has had any experience with the focal chorus 726 or the Epos Elan 30 speakers. I own a set of Aktimates powered computer speakers and understand that Epos is owned also by the same company. I was wondering if I could expect the same sound although I guess technically they are different companies. I will be using these for MUSIC only and my other components are iPod with wadia 170 transport dock, Yamaha a-s301 integrated amp, svs 12nsd sub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
How is it going everyone, I am new to the forums although I have been reading here for a while. I was looking at purchasing some floor standing speakers and didn't know if anyone here has had any experience with the focal chorus 726 or the Epos Elan 30 speakers. I own a set of Aktimates powered computer speakers and understand that Epos is owned also by the same company. I was wondering if I could expect the same sound although I guess technically they are different companies. I will be using these for MUSIC only and my other components are iPod with wadia 170 transport dock, Yamaha a-s301 integrated amp, svs 12nsd sub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, but I can NOT be of much help as I have zero experience with the speakers YOU are considering. However, I do see that acc4less has a set of the Focal 727 towers speakers for a $1,000 a set. Here is a link:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/focal727v2ba/focal-chorus-727-726-triple-6.5-tower-speaker-black-ash-pair-sale-reduced-200/1.html

I can tell YOU first hand that acc4less is great to deal with. Highly recommend! Hope this is a help to YOU. Good luck on YOUR choice!

Cheers,

Phil

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Both respected and well designed speaker systems. I would choose the ones that sound better to you.

Z

Zeekus32

Audiophyte
Thank you for the link Phil and also for the reply fmw. I may try to audition both before i make a decision. I think that would be the best after all.

M

MacPro

Enthusiast
I currently have the Elan 30, after previously having the 716V if this helps.

Both great speakers, but found the Epos to be slightly smoother highs but detailed and more pleasant to listen to. Unfortunately I have a very large room and it's a smaller floor stander, so I eventually added a powered sub to take up some of the bottom end I lost from switching from the Focal.

I run Simaudio gear so ymmv depending how the components play together, room setup, size etc.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis