Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
News Blog
Currently Out Of Stock:eek:
November 23, 2009

Well, Christmas came early for Epik this year. So early, in fact, that we are sold out of product temporarily.

We are fulfilling open orders and not accepting new orders at this time. We will be out of stock until further notice. This includes the duration of the holiday season.

For those of you who have orders in already, they are not affected by this announcement and we will continue to ship them as fast as possible.

Thank you all in advance for your interest in Epik Subwoofers! We hope you enjoy the holidays and we will try to get more of these great subs into your hands as soon as possible!

Just thought you guys would like to know.:D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
It doesn't seem odd to anyone else that they won't have stock for like 2 months or am I just paranoid.

Matt34

Matt34

Same thing happened last year. They are a very small operation and I think demand is much higher than what they can produce, I don't think there's much more behind the story than that.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I know the company is based out of Crystal Lake which is a 45min to 1 hour drive outside Chicago. I heard from someone who works there and according to them turn around time on product is unusually slow right now whether that's true or not I'm not sure

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I would think being sold out is a good problem to have.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I would think being sold out is a good problem to have.
no your right being sold out is a great problem to have,but the way this person put it seems there is less work going on then there are orders,Man I hope their wrong.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
no your right being sold out is a great problem to have,but the way this person put it seems there is less work going on then there are orders,Man I hope their wrong.
It doesn't surprise me. Holiday season after all.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
According to this person his work week go cut by one day.and he says it's not just him it happen to. that's why I find this thing so odd if you have orders to complete you don't cut hours.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
According to this person his work week go cut by one day.and he says it's not just him it happen to. that's why I find this thing so odd if you have orders to complete you don't cut hours.
They probably have a limited supplier, but I'd keep it on the hush, hush. Last thing we want is your friend to be gone. Of course he might be getting hours cut for a reason too.

Sometimes people just aren't good at their job.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
That could be true, but if it's not just him whose hours have it has been everbody that works there,so it begs the question what is going on. Is this going the way of AV123 soon where customers are hung out or is just a ploy for supply and demand.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Ok, I'm not excactly sure who Ares is, but I'm an aquaintence of the owners brother(we used to work together) until he quit to go work for his brother .. the staff of this company is the owner, the owners girl friend and his brother (part time there and back to school) Not sure what this dude is trying to put out there about this company but I think its BS.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, I'm not excactly sure who Ares is, but I'm an aquaintence of the owners brother(we used to work together) until he quit to go work for his brother .. the staff of this company is the owner, the owners girl friend and his brother (part time there and back to school) Not sure what this dude is trying to put out there about this company but I think its BS.
I am not the dude who is making this claim I heard from someone else who said they work there. If your an acquaintance of the owners brother you could have set this straight which you did,for the record I did not make any claims just repeated what I was told, to see if anybody knew anything about this,Now if will excuse me I have go put my foot in someones @$$ for his BS.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
When I posted this my intention was looking for answers It has been brought to my attention that the posting that I have wrote don't look that way so I am here posting again to fix this issue. Someone told me this about Epik I didn't take his word at face value so I in turned posted the info that this guy gave me to see if it was true it turns out he is full of crap. I will be dealing with him shortly after I post this. Now like I said I was looking for answers not making claims. If my postings appeared that way then that was a mistake on my part, but my intentions where to get answers.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you take a look at SVS's site, they are low on inventory also AND they are clearing stuff out. They are apparently prepping for some updates to the various lines. Smaller places will have this happen, and they can't always forecast so that they can keep up with demand because demand is hard to predict and when you don't buy in the thousands of units, inventory can quickly be consumed. Better to sell out then have a bunch of stuff you can't sell :)

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Okay I have question it kind of just dawned on me how does 3 people 1 of them is part time manage to put together all those subs without other employees.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
simple. they don't have enclosure shortages. (no requirement for labor, hence, cut hours)

perhaps they have amp/driver shortages.

besides the fact they have great big cnc machines that only need to be fed the boards.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
simple. they don't have enclosure shortages. (no requirement for labor, hence, cut hours)

perhaps they have amp/driver shortages.

besides the fact they have great big cnc machines that only need to be fed the boards.
Exactly, but don't forget the glue! No nails in those boards...........LOL!!!! ;):p;)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Perhaps Chad is just letting his loyal customers know ahead of time so not to leave any hanging so to speak. It is better to let prospective customers know now that orders are no longer being taken as opposed to "thinking" you can order one in the last minute if you will. Every year there are many people that practically wait until the last minute to do their Xmas shopping. This is a good way of not pissing people off. That is, they can choose to wait an order one once that can be accommodated -OR-order one from a competitor. ;):);) At the very least, Chad is being upfront with his customers.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis