Enter to Win a Set of DD Audio DXB-03 On-Ear Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
indulger

indulger

Audioholic
1. No; Reviews from long time trusted members from this or similar forums.

2. 1. Performance
2. Personal Recommendations
3. Aesthetics
4. Professional Reviews (Trusted/Known Sources)

3. Earbuds

4. Online

Buildsafire51

Buildsafire51

Enthusiast
1. Not familiar with the brand.
2. Performance, Price, Professional Reviews, and Brand Reputation.
3. Headphones
4. Online

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Questions:
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.
No, but my consideration is gained via excellent reviews (pro and semi-pro).

2. When purchasing home and personal audio products which four of the following factors most heavily influence your decisions? Please list in order of importance.
  • Performance - Definitely #1
  • Price - A close second, I'll forgo a cheaper product to save up for the gear that I want, but it has to be "achievable" by me (ie, something that I can potentially afford in 5 years or less of savings - $4K for a speaker, isn't going to be in my budget for a long time.)
  • Aesthetics - A more distant third
  • Brand Reputation - Don't care so much, poor products by excellent brands, or excellent products by poor brands... Still I am risk adverse, so no poor return policies. I don't want to get stuck with junk. - #6
  • Discounts and Promotions - Helps me pull the trigger, but I actually hate promotions. - #5
  • Professional Reviews - Gets the product on my look at list - #4
  • Personal Recommendations - Bahh, I don't trust "personal" recommendations - #7
  • Other (please describe) - See Brand Repution vs a vs return policy
3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones) Axiom Audio Grand Versus Speakers

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores) Purchase online, view in store if necessary.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? I never heard of it, until this contest caught my attention. If DD products found additional favor with professional reviewers, I think it would add to DD's credibility and hence marketability with the public (and me).

2. When purchasing home and personal audio products, which four of the following factors most heavily influence your decisions? Please list in order of importance.
  1. Professional Reviews
  2. Performance
  3. Price
  4. Brand Reputation

3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones): earbuds.

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores): I don't have a preference. I will shop where the audio product I want is authorized to sell either online or a brick and mortar store. If both types are authorized retailers, then I will go with whatever offers a better overall deal (and advice, if needed).

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
1. Sorry, not familiar, but they look nice.

2.Performance, price, personal recom, brand rep, other - fit (they have to be comfortable).

3. headphones

4.online

DJ

Last edited:
T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Questions:
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.

I am not familiar with the brand, but either reading a review on Audioholics or hearing a friend talk about them if they were to have them would earn some consideration if the impressions were positive.

2. When purchasing home and personal audio products which four of the following factors most heavily influence your decisions? Please list in order of importance.

Performance
Aesthetics
Price
Professional Reviews
  • Performance
  • Pri
3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones)

Earbuds while jogging.

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores)

Typically online for smaller, under $1k purchases. For larger purchases over $1k, demoing is a requirement.

Ex-Newsie

Ex-Newsie

Audioholic Intern
1. Not familiar (sorry!), though I will read up on your company and products after I post here.

2. Recommendations from professionals, price, brand reputation, discounts and promotions

3. Earbuds

4. Online

Thanx for the opportunity to enter.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
1 no, sorry
2 performance price aesthetics
3 headphones
4 online

J

Jim Man

Audiophyte
1. No. The look of these headphones has already earned my consideration.
2. Performance, Price, Reviews, Asthetics
3. Headphones
4. Online

Yay!

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
1. Have not heard of the brand... word of mouth is always good advertising, along with favorable reviews.

2. Price, reviews, aesthetics, promotions and discounts, performance, though you cant really test that till you get it in your house.

3. Ear buds at the moment

4. Online- Amazon

C

CoreyFeldman

Audiophyte
Questions/Answers
1. Are you familiar with the DD audio brand? If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.
Nope, hands on trials are the best, followed by, or with, word of mouth recommendations, promotional discounts help me click buy. :)

1) Price (if $300 gets me something that should be $600, I might pull the trigger)
2) Performance (performance has to be above average for the price range)
3) Reputation (both in brand quality, longevity, support, etc.)
4) Professional reviews (somebody's gotta get their hands dirty and know what they're talking about)
..... 5) Aesthetics can help break a tie.

3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones)
Headphones

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores)
Online, probably try to check out products in person if it's a bigger purchase.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Questions:
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.

• Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
  • Other (please describe)

1. I recall seeing some people on the HeadFi website mentioning the headphones about a year ago but other than that my perception is there hasn't been a lot of chatter about the brand. For a personal consideration to purchase, it would have to meet a particular need which at this time would likely be in a bedroom. Along those lines, size, unubtusiveness, and price would be determining factors. BTW, when I first saw the picture of the headphones, they reminded me, because of the wood, some Russian planar ones that I'd heard about recently. I do like the styling of these as they have an industrial/steampunk look to them that I find attractive.

2. It's difficult to prioritize since the factors listed above are interrelated. When forming a short list for a potential purchase, I generally perform a web search but toss in terms like problem, scam, etc. maybe even a BBB search. I want to see if people are experiencing problems and if so what kind. Given that survey, I'd rank the list as follows.

Performance
Price
Brand reputation
Personal recommendation

3. Earbuds most commonly but headphones coming a close second.

4. Online as I generally dislike going to stores which for me is just too time consuming.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Questions:
Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.

No - I would like to see/read more feedback from reputable forum members or other review sources.

• Performance
  • Price
  • Professional Reviews
  • Discounts and Promotions

I use Bluetooth devices (Air Play also) however I prefer headphone sound quality.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
1. I am not familiar with DD Audio. However, reviews from reputable sites and a reasonable cost compared to like products would get me to take a listen.

2. Price
Performance
Personal Recommendations
Professional Reviews

3. Earbuds

4. Anywhere I can get the best price

S

Syd Strydom

Audiophyte
1. Not familiar with the DD Audio brand
2. Performance, Professional reviews, Price is important for a working stiff like me
3. Headphones, to escape the madness of living in a house with 4 females who like watching TV a lot
4. I purchase on line because high-end audio stores are getting fewer and there is way more selection on line.

K

kesando

Junior Audioholic
1. I have heard of this company though I have no experience with their products.

2. Performance
Aesthetics
Price
Professional Reviews

3. Ear buds along with my trusty Zune 80gb

4. Online as they usually have better prices

M

mmulhern

Audioholic Intern
Questions:
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? No.

1. Perfomance
2. Personal Rec.
3. Professional Reviews
4. Price
What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones)
Earbuds

Both

B

bhdtv

Audiophyte
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase. No but the product looks great and the review sounds excellent.

• Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones) EarBuds

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores) Online

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase. No I've never heard of them , A favorable review from Audioholics

• Performance
  • Price
  • Professional Reviews

3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones) - Headphones

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores) - Online

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Good luck to everyone who enters. Awesome prize.

1: Not familiar with the brand. I would look for reviews and recommendations from trusted sources. A good demo.

2: I look at price, performance, aesthetics, reliability.

3: I have been using Bluetooth the most.

4: I will purchase wherever I feel I get the best product to suit my needs and wants for the budget I have to work with. It could be a mom and pop or a big box store. Online is always an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis