Enter to Win a Set of DD Audio DXB-03 On-Ear Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugo Rivera

Hugo Rivera

Audioholics VP of Marketing
DD Audio is giving away a set of DD Audio DXB-03 On-Ear Headphones to one (1) lucky entrant! This contest represents a $149 value!

Our friends at DD Audio are gonna help you shake into the New Year by entering to win a brand new DD Audio DXB-03 On-Ear Headphones. As you can see in our headphone review, this headset is a sure bet to give your ears a shot of adrenaline!

What you could win:
The DXB-03’s have 50mm drivers housed in a vented chamber to improve bass response. They are finished in what DD Audio refers to as Bubinga wood with leather earpads and an adjustable brushed stainless steel headband. The accompanying detachable cable integrates the wood trim finish for some additional panache. They even come with a travel bag for easy transportation.

dd-audio-headset.png

What we had to say about the DBX-03 Headphones:

"The DD Audio DXB-03 headphones reDXB03-headphones.JPGpresent a very good value at their $150/pair retail price for on-ear headphones sold direct by the manufacturer. Their construction quality is excellent and the wood grain dressing really adds a touch of class to the product. The detachable cable is built to a very high durability standard likely neutralizing the need to ever replace it for all but the most careless users; hey we all have children. Bass is the forte of the DXB-03’s which is no surprise from a company that specializes in car audio boom. If you’re a Bassaholic, then you’re going love these headphones. The DXB-03’s will play at ungodly loud listening levels with very little input power and they will do it cleanly with plenty of bottom end and top end sizzle.

If you’re looking for a rugged, beautiful pair of affordable headphones with integrated microphone capability that offer a lot of sound for your money, then the DXB-03’s should be on your shortlist."

Features
  • Natural Finish Bubinga Wood Housing
  • Deep Bass Response
  • Wide Soundstage
  • Clear Musical Details
  • Large Vented Chamber for Rich Acoustic Transfer
  • 100% Acoustic-Electronic Test to Ensure Balanced Sound
  • Durable cable with TPE coating and OFC wires
  • Detachable Audio Transfer Cable w/ Integrated Handsfree Microphone

Technical Data:
  • Speaker size: 50mm
  • Frequency response: 20Hz – 20KHz
  • Sensitivity: 113+/-3dB At 1KHz1mW

Contest Eligibility Requirements:
  • You Must be a registered Audioholics forum member
  • Have Continental USA Residence (Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada can enter provided the winner agrees to pay the difference in shipping costs as well as any duties, taxes, etc.)
  • Answer the questions in the thread below
  • Post only ONCE in this thread
  • Have not won a prize in one of our contests in the last 180 days
  • Check out our contest rules for more details

Contest Questions:
Please answer the below questions by replying to this thread and we will pick the winners randomly which will be announced on the Audioholics facebook fan page (facebook.com/audioholics) and in this thread.

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Questions:
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.

2. When purchasing home and personal audio products which four of the following factors most heavily influence your decisions? Please list in order of importance.
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
  • Other (please describe)
3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones)

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores)

See DD4Life.com for information on their current product lineup.

Note: this contest ends on January 5, 2015. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
1. Not familiar with DD Audio/ a great review on Audiohlics - positive buzz on the forum.
2. Performance, price, aesthetic , personal recommendation.
3. Earbuds , Bluetooth speaker.
4. Online purchase .
Cheers! Mac

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
1. Never heard of them. It would take positive reviews from AH and/or reviews from members I know and trust. Likewise, positive reviews from other trusted sources around the interwebs.

2. Performance, aesthetics, return policy, price

3. Headphones (Sennheiser HD650's)

4. Internet (Amazon due to customer service (24/7/365), fast shipping, and ease of return/replacement/defective policies)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Questions:
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.

2. When purchasing home and personal audio products which four of the following factors most heavily influence your decisions? Please list in order of importance.
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Professional Reviews
3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones)

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores)
1. Not familiar with the name, but I have seen those headphones before I think. They appear to be worthy of serious consideration from what I've seen.

2. Performance, other (features: active noise canceling, AptX), aesthetics, price

3. Bluetooth headphones :)

4. Online

T

Thomas McDonald

Audiophyte
1. Are you familiarrand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.
No

• Performance 1
  • Price
  • Aesthetics 2
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions 4
  • Professional Reviews 3
Headphones

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the contest!

I wasn't familiar before this thread. To earn my consideration, I'd want to see a product that interests me and positive consumer reviews to give me confidence. Being able to try one of your products, like from this contest, is another way for me to get confidence in your quality and performance.

• Other (please describe) - Consumer reviews
  • Performance
  • Aesthetics
Headphones.

Online, mostly Amazon.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I am not familiar , my only information to date is what I read right here in this thread.

• Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Professional Reviews
#1.Performance , #2.Aesthetics , #3.Price , #4. Brand Rep ,#5.Reviews ,#6 discounts and promos would now apply if applicable.

What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones)

Bluetooth.

Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. (i.e. online, brick and mortar stores)

Brick and Mortar as I am a hands on kind of guy but some internet sales have helped me to build my HT.

(this contest ends on January 5, 2012.)

A

audiohero

Audiophyte
1. I am very familiar with Digital Designs or DD Audio from my car audio background. They have a sterling reputation in car audio for playing loud and clean and being a very power hungry set of or subwoofers. From a home audio prospective I haven't heard a set of their home speakers but if a dealer had a pair of them I'd love to hear it.

2. Performance is definitely my main consideration. Price would be second because I hate overpaying for things. Professional reviews third because I want to know what to expect from what I'm buying and having been a long time car audio veteran an honest opinion means a lot from the right source. Brand reputation last simply because most brands didn't get their name overnight. They earned it over time and through great products so it means something to me.

3. Bluetooth most likely but I don't really use a ton of personal audio product.

4. I prefer to shop at a brick and mortar location so I can demo a product. But I do shop online because most brick and mortar locations never price match and won't negotiate price.

Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Audiophyte
1 never heard of them
2 performance price aesthetics
3 headphones
4 online

U

User5910

Enthusiast
1. I have never heard of the brand. I would consider purchasing if reviewed favorably by a trusted source (like Audioholics) and/or friends.

2. Factors in order of importance:
  1. Professional Reviews
  2. Personal Recommendations
  3. Price
  4. Performance
  5. Brand Reputation
  6. Discounts and Promotions
  7. Aesthetics

3. I use an iPod Nano (3rd gen) with Etymotic ER4 custom-molded in-ear phones.

4. The most important factor is being able to try out the gear rather than the location. If an online retailer or internet-direct company has an at-home evaluation period that's ideal. If I have to go to a store to try it that's good too, depending where the store is and how big the item is (ex. speakers).

L

Liebenberg

Audiophyte
1. I am now familiar with DDAudio.From what i just read and saw they seem to offer a high quality product, and they social network like a champ.

2. Purchasing home and personal audio products order of influence on my decisions.

1. Discounts and Promotions
2. Performance
3. Price
4. Professional Reviews
5. Other (Coolness factor)
6. Brand Reputation
7. Aesthetics
8. Personal Recommendations

3. I use headphones nearly every day.

4. With the exception of some impulse buys, everything is bought online.

F

fbov

Enthusiast
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand?
No, not familiar with DD Audio. I shop based on a combination of need, reported quality and price, so you'd need to make something I am interested in owning, have a loyal following of satisfied users, and offer your product(s) at a price that represents a good value.

1-Performance
3-Price
5-Aesthetics
4-Brand Reputation
6-Discounts and Promotions
2-Professional Reviews
7-Personal Recommendations
NA-Other (please describe)

In-ear headphones from Etymotic

Usually on-line, but I have no aversion to B&M.
Frank

W

willdao

Audiophyte
1. Never heard of the company; that said, the aesthetics are nice--hopefully indicative of similar care lavished on sound quality. Some very favorable reviews from informed, knowledgeable parties would be necessary for me to purchase.

2. Performance; Reviews; Price; Aesthetics.

3. IEMs, laptop, phone

4. Online, mostly...85% of the time, probably.

Y

yoleiric

Enthusiast
1. Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase. Sorry, never heard of DD Audio before

• Performance 1
  • Price 5
  • Aesthetics 4
  • Brand Reputation 6
  • Discounts and Promotions 7
  • Professional Reviews 3
  • Personal Recommendations 2
3. What type personal audio products do you use the most? Headphones

4. Where do you prefer to actually purchase your audio products. Online

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
  1. Nope, never heard of them before.
  2. In order of most important to least:
    • performance
    • price
    • professional reviews
    • personal reviews
  3. Home theater equipment: speakers, electronics, etc.
  4. Online is the most convenient.

P

PeterInVan

Audiophyte
1. I have never heard of the brand. I would consider purchasing if reviewed favorably by a trusted source (like Audioholics or Innerfidelity).

2. Factors in order of importance:
  1. Professional Reviews
  2. Personal Recommendations
  3. Price
  4. Performance
  5. Brand Reputation
  6. Discounts and Promotions
  7. Comfort

3. I use FlacPlayer on an iPod touch 4 with Centrance M8 into various headphones

4. The most important factor is being able to try out the gear. If an online retailer or internet-direct company has an at-home evaluation period that's ideal. If I have to go to a store to try it that's good too, depending where the store is and how big the item is (ex. speakers).

B

Brandon Sparks

Audiophyte
Questions:
Are you familiar with the DD Audio brand? If yes, what is your perception of our company. If no, what would it take to earn your consideration for a home or personal audio purchase.

YES! DD Audio sponsored the Mystik Sanctuary Music Festival and it was the best sounding concert I have ever been to.

• Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Professional Reviews
  • Brand Reputation

I mostly use earbuds but I prefer headphone sound quality.

Note: this contest ends on January 5, 2015. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

G

gunga93

Audiophyte
1. Not familiar

2. Price, Performance, Professional Reviews, Discounts and Promotions

in-ear monitors at work, closed-back over ear headphones at home

4. wherever I can get the best price

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic

- I have heard of the brand but I haven't listened to their product.

-Performance
-Price
-Aesthetics
-Bluetooth

What type personal audio products do you use the most? (i.e. earbuds, Bluetooth devices, headphones)

- Earbuds

J

Jumpsteady

Enthusiast
1. No, but trusted reviews from members of forums like this would help in making a purchase.

2. Performance
Price
Personal recommendations
Professional Reviews

3. Bluetooth Devices

4. Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com