Energy Take Classic 5.0

F

fuzzed

Audiophyte
hi to everyone i need some help on getting a subwoofer to match with my Energy Take Classic 5.0 the place where i buy have a Definitive Technology ProSub 800..i want to know if this can work with this system or not thanks...:confused:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Basically, virtually any powered sub can go well with almost any speaker so it should go well with those.

Dunno what you have driving them but keep in mind hat it only has one line-level (LFE, Sub, whatever) input and if your receiver has that as well, you're gold.

Also, if you feed your main speaker outputs to it, it will filter out anything below 80 hz from your front mains. With small speakers like those this could be a boon. Then again, any decent AVR should be able to do that also.

F

fuzzed

Audiophyte
Thanks for quick help.i have a Yamaha RX-V673 AVR 7.2 system.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
hi to everyone i need some help on getting a subwoofer to match with my Energy Take Classic 5.0 the place where i buy have a Definitive Technology ProSub 800..i want to know if this can work with this system or not thanks...:confused:
With those speakers, you will probably want to experiment with the cross over point, as they don't exactly have a lot of low end. You may need to run your subwoofer (which ever you choose) higher then normal (above 75-80Hz). I would start planning where you're going to put it, as it might need to go near the center of the front stage if the bass playing is too easily localize-able.

As far as the subwoofer goes, Def Tech is a pass, they just don't match up to their specs. What is your budget?

SheepStar

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
PB1000 $450(Reg. $500) shipped you can't go wrong, just wait a few days there should be one at the outlet store. That's where I got mine last week and I love the sub: Outlet Specials - SVS

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis