Energy Loudspeakers

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I am considering an upgrade on all the speakers in my HT. Recently at work we started carrying Energy Speakers. So I am considering the Connoisseur line, (C-5 for the front and side surrounds, C-3 for surround back, and the C-C3 center speaker.)
I am at a bit of a disadvantage however, selling speakers is not a main focus of our store. So if I do decide to get these it will be on a special order basis. Yep, you guessed it, I won't be able to audition before I buy. Normally I would steer clear of this type of buying. Since I am getting them through work I am getting a considerable discount, so if I was disappointed I could sell them and get my money back and possibly make a profit in the process.
So I am starting this thread in hopes of getting any feedback on these speakers. I currently have the Pioneer Elite 53TX and a Paradigm PS-1000 subwoofer. I would say I mostly listen to (65%/35%) music/movies.

I would go to another retailer to listen to them, the problem with that is a 150 mile drive one-way.

Thanks in advance for your response. :)

H

hootie10

Enthusiast
Hello Griff,

I've had the chance to audition the Energy Connoisseur C-7's in a stereo setup and liked them very much. However, I did not listen to them in a HT setup but I beleive they would do great on HT. I really like the Energy line of speakers, I own a pair of Energy Veritas v2.2i's myself and I am more than pleased with them. And since you are getting them for a good price makes it a no brainer in my opinion. Go for it! I think you will like it.

Being a former Kansan.........GO JAYHAWKS!!!!!!!

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Energy makes some fantastic speakers. The C-5 and the C-3 are both considered excellent values. I've heard them both and love them. They're probably my favorite sub $1000 speaker manufacturer. Get them, no doubt.

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
You'll be very pleased when you hear these speakers. The Connoisseur C-5 are excelent floorstanders; i was going to buy a pair but they were very expensive. GO FOR THEM!.

G

Gatorchong

Audioholic
I wanted to check out the C-5's also, but nobody sells them around me. I'd go for it, especially if you can get them for a discount.

4 eyes

Audiophyte
I think you'll enjoy the Energy's. I'm using C3's for mains and a C-C1 as my center and am very happy with my setup. Enjoy!

s h a w n L.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
I have Energy speakers and like them very much...

XL-250 front Towers, XL-C100 Center channel (the best of all) and Take 2.2 for rear speakers.

The XL-250's handle all the bass (no subwoofer) and it does a wonderful job not only for music but the LFE is outstanding.

So your C5's should be real good. In passing, I took the Canadian Maple wood instead of Black ash and my wife (who hates HDTV and sound systems) likes the appearance of the speakers.

E

EAS1

Audiophyte
Energy Speakers

Professor Griff-

I currently own a full set of Energy Connoisseur Series Speakers (L&R- C6/ Center AC-300/ Rear C2/ Sub MicroStar 12.1). They are the predecessor to the current Connoisseur Line and are very similar to the Current Veritas Line.

The current Connoisseur Line is not as robust and clean as its predecessor. I have installed the current Connoisseurs in several homes, and for the average listener, they will suffice.

However, prior to getting the new Marantz SR8500, I had an old Denon AVR-1700. And when I compared my system to the ones that I incorporated the new "C's"(with newer/ better Receivers and DVD players) in - I was not that impressed.

In conclusion, if you are carrying the new Connoisseurs at work and they will be a special order with a considerable discount - then see if you can order the Veritas Line. You WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED! If you do not like them - I'll buy them off you - lol.

Good luck,

EAS1

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis