Coheednme13

Coheednme13

Audioholic
I was just wondering if anyone who went to the State of the CE Union even would care to comment on these subs after hearing them first hand. Maybe compare their output, extension, and sound quality to other subs if possible. I really like the subs on paper just wondering what people honestly think about them. Sorry if there is already a thread about this. Thanks

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I heard them. I ordered a set for myself. What else can I say?

They seem tight and musical, yet will deliver impact for action movies. They are rather small and will be easy to place in a room. With an Emotiva amp and built-in room correction, I certainly see the value of the system for the price they're asking.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I heard them. I ordered a set for myself. What else can I say?
Well, that pretty much sums it up! Nicely said. If I hadn't bought my SVS, I would be seriously considering those. I really (really, REALLY) like the 12V trigger ability. I'm at a loss for why my Ultra doesn't have one. Okay, I'd still probably get the Ultra for the sub-20Hz ability - but I do like a lot of the features on those.

Coheednme13

Coheednme13

Audioholic
Thanks alot guys. I just want to make sure that if I get a set that they will be good. I was suppossed to go to the event but I'm a college student and I had a midterm that Monday afterward and I just couldn't miss it. It really sucked. Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to wait until they get a review or two or at least till some people in the forum get them and comment. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Well, that pretty much sums it up! Nicely said. If I hadn't bought my SVS, I would be seriously considering those. I really (really, REALLY) like the 12V trigger ability. I'm at a loss for why my Ultra doesn't have one. Okay, I'd still probably get the Ultra for the sub-20Hz ability - but I do like a lot of the features on those.
Good snag, Dave. Those look very cool and the pricing is aggressive. I hope a review with in-room measurements is forthcoming. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow! Those subs look like a Bargain for a grand (less for me!).

DAAAMmmnnn, I like small, sealed subs, but they've always lacked the low end. But 2 12s for that price plus amp and room correction is a STEAL.

I want measurements.

SheepStar

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Good snag, Dave. Those look very cool and the pricing is aggressive. I hope a review with in-room measurements is forthcoming. :)
My in-room response is really messed up and there's virtually no choice of where to place my current subs. I'm hoping that with the small size of these, I can get them out of the corners flatten the response a bit along with some acoustic treatment and the room correction.

The only downside that I can see is that there is no manual adjustment or OSD for the room correction. It's a hit-or-miss, on-or-off function that will have to be evaluated in-room to see how effective it really is.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
They will have Emotiva's 30 day guarantee, full refund less shipping if you don't like them. What's to lose? If you really want to try them in your own space, there's no better way to do so come January.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Emotiva has another sub also. Single 12" with plate amp. Lemme jump over to the VIP section of the Emotiva Lounge and get specs. From Lonnie:

I thought you might like to see what the sub looks like. The pics make it look huge, but it is really only 14 x 14 x 16, so it is really pretty small. Also it is slated to sell for between 699.00 to 799.00 (their are some details that need to be worked out before we have the exact price). It has a power factor corrected off line switching power supply coupled to a class d amplifier (right now it is an 800 watt amp but this may change). The front end circuitry is a full DSP (not the conventional analog setup) so it has all the usual features as well as auto room correction, dual EQ modes (Music and Movie) and much more.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Dude, that is sweet that they've got the controls on top of the amp plate!!! Finally someone designed it so that you can make changes without having to turn the sub around or crane your neck around the back.

majorloser

majorloser

I thought the Emo subs at the Audioholics SotCEU preformed DAMN well. When I first read the sticker price I thought it was for each piece. Then the wife had to point out how blind I am. My first thought was, "Finally somebody else entered the ID market with something to shut the fanboy's mouths." :)

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
It'd be nice if they could offer these in piano black as well, would look even classier. Extra $ I'm sure.

Coheednme13

Coheednme13

Audioholic
Ok, so Majorloser you said that you thought they performed damn well. I know that audio memory is subjective so can you as objectivley as possible compare it to your subwoofer set up at your house and after you do that then let us know what sub(s) you have set up. I would really appreciate it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis