gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All balanced ins and outs, subwoofer L/R and mono with bass management option. $899. Very interesting indeed!

The specs look pretty darn comparable to my $4k Marantz Integrated Amp that only has single ended outputs

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
All balanced ins and outs, subwoofer L/R and mono with bass management option. $899. Very interesting indeed!

The specs look pretty darn comparable to my $4k Marantz Integrated Amp that only has single ended outputs
Well, if you ordered it now, I'm assuming you could use that 10% off code on it too. Definitely makes it tough to ignore.

I'm not in the market for a pre, but if I were.....

I'm ready to read some reviews!

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
So is this something you would primarily use between a stereo source like a CD player and a stereo amp?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So is this something you would primarily use between a stereo source like a CD player and a stereo amp?
Yup, thats all it does. Most likely anyone in the market for this would use it for a turntable and/or a source with XLR like the Oppo 95 or 105. Yes, a limited market but exciting to that limited number of customers.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sure those who like Emotiva will like this preamp. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm waiting for them to put up the new multichannel pres. :) It is time to replace my receiver.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looks like a great new product from them.

My only issue is that it has to be powered on to use the HT bypass. That is a bummer but I'm sure most will use this in a standalone two channel setup.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looks like a great new product from them.

My only issue is that it has to be powered on to use the HT bypass. That is a bummer but I'm sure most will use this in a standalone two channel setup.
this is the case with most preamps that also have 2CH bypass as it allows the inputs and outputs to be buffered. If you look closely at the other user manuals their idle power consumption turned off is typically only a few watts lower than when they are turned on.

Notice this Parasound as example: 25 watts in standby and 30 watts turned on. It's never really off!
http://www.parasound.com/halo/jc2bp.php

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis