Emotiva XPA Gen 3 Amplifiers Promise More Power & Efficiency

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I think there were things that neither wanted made known. Carvers former tube amp company vanished after they merged. But then Emotiva starts using SMPS, and Carver opens a new tube amp and speaker company. Carver probably made some sort of a financial deal. Jade, Emotiva's parent company has really deep pockets. Carver probably shared vast information regarding SMPS etc. ?

C

Casey Leedom

Audiophyte
So is there any plan in place to do a full review of the new Emotiva XPA Gen3 Apmlifiers? I have the much older Emotiva MPS-1 which you reviewed way back in May 2005. I'd love to see how the new modular design compares to the old one.

Casey

superpoppa

Audiophyte
Emotiva has delivered a major upgrade to its XPA lineup with the announcement of its third generation amplifiers. The new XPA Gen 3 amplifiers are completely modular and upgradeable; feature a low-noise, highly efficient switched mode power supply; and are assembled right here in the USA.

Has Emotiva done it again?

Read: Emotiva XPA Gen 3 Amplifier Preview

Tell us what you think and if you're going to upgrade your amp to one of these new XPA's to start the New Year off with a bang!
Gene are you going to review this amp? You mentioned you were skeptical of this one on your CES2018 video. Any news?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Gene are you going to review this amp? You mentioned you were skeptical of this one on your CES2018 video. Any news?
Maybe cause Emotive's amps outside of the XPA-1 and their other lowend Amps have a switching power supply.:eek:, Just like Crown amps have.:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis