Emotiva XPA-5 gen 2 original packaging, like new! Make an offer! :)

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
Hi there,

I've got a gently used 10 months old Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 for sale! The amp works very well but I had a hard time getting it to wake properly when combined with the Sigma SSP (which sadly does not include trigger out ports… doh!) and now I've actually found a Sigma AMP-5 on the cheap(ish) so I replaced the emotiva.

I am the original owner of this amp which was purchased in June 2015 and has been used in a smoke free home since (there is a toddler who did put his hands on it a few times… mostly on the power button as watching those blue LEDs turn on and off is FA-SCI-NA-TING but he hasn't damaged the amp in any way). I will happily transfer the warranty (I believe Emotiva allows that, or otherwise can play middle man for warranty claims if needed).

So, the emotiva is like new, I've got the original packaging, manual and all. I am located in San Francisco and if you're in the area you can pick it up or I can potentially drop it off one evening. I can also ship it, I'll look into the shipping costs, the package is over 70 pounds…

Let me know if you're interested in this sweet amp. I'm hoping for $750 but feel free to make me (non ridiculous) offers.

Cheers,
Alex.

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpa-5

Here are some photos: (note that the edges of the screen look strange but that's because I never removed the protective film).

Last edited:
G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
Man that's a pretty good deal. I've been pondering about buying an external amp again. I sold my 7 Outlaw M2200 monoblock amps and now I regret it.

I'm like 5 hours away. 10 hour trip! I haven't been back to Frisco in like 10 years. Don't miss the Bay Area traffic.

Good luck with the sale. Free bump for you!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm only 45 min away and was looking to make room on another shelf in the rack so this could work for me and the Gen3 costs more. Then I'd be selling the XPA-3 too though.

GFO, maybe you'd be interested in the XPA-3 for an even better deal and we could meet half way or something?

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I'm only 45 min away and was looking to make room on another shelf in the rack so this could work for me and the Gen3 costs more. Then I'd be selling the XPA-3 too though.

GFO, maybe you'd be interested in the XPA-3 for an even better deal and we could meet half way or something?
I actually only would need the XPA-3 since my surround speakers are satellite and do not require that much power. PM me and let me know. Thanks.

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
I actually only would need the XPA-3 since my surround speakers are satellite and do not require that much power. PM me and let me know. Thanks.
Did I get this right? J_garcia buys the xpa-5 from me, GFO buys the xpa-3 from j_garcia, everyone wins!!! Is that the plan? :)

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
If we can make this all happen, yes :)
I don't know if it is going to happen. My X4000 surround left channel isn't working. Denon appears to be close on the weekend. I'm trying to find out if it still has warranty. If not I'll have to replace my X4000.

If it isn't one thing is another what a PIA.

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
I haven't posted the amp anywhere else yet so, you have a bit of time, it can sit in my basement for a bit longer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know if it is going to happen. My X4000 surround left channel isn't working. Denon appears to be close on the weekend. I'm trying to find out if it still has warranty. If not I'll have to replace my X4000.

If it isn't one thing is another what a PIA.
Let us know what happens with the receiver. Hopefully it goes well getting it fixed. Too bad it wasn't a main channel because then the amp would actually help you out in the interim.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
Let us know what happens with the receiver. Hopefully it goes well getting it fixed. Too bad it wasn't a main channel because then the amp would actually help you out in the interim.
I shipped my X4000 to a service center located in Los Angeles CA. It should be there by 5 PM. I called and talk to the tech guy, and worse case scenario is 4 weeks. Best case scenario would be next week to get it back.

My X4000 still has warranty til 05/2017!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I shipped my X4000 to a service center located in Los Angeles CA. It should be there by 5 PM. I called and talk to the tech guy, and worse case scenario is 4 weeks. Best case scenario would be next week to get it back.

My X4000 still has warranty til 05/2017!
Let me know how we shall proceed. I can go ahead with the XPA-5 and sit on the 3 for you until you are ready.

I am a Marantz fan, but the last few receivers I've bought for others have been Denons :)

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I received a call yesterday from the repair center about my X4000. Besides the surround being bad, they found the HDMI board was bad as well. Denon doesn't have any HDMI boards at the moment. So, they are requesting a replacement since it is under warranty.

I was told if Denon doesn't have any refurbished or new X4000, they will possibly provide a newer model. I won't know anything until a couple of days. If this is approved by Denon, my new or refurbished unit will be mailed from Denon.

My wife is already upset that I went ahead and bought a Marantz SR6010 lol. I want to get J_Garcia's XPA-3, but the wife ain't having it. She's been giving me that "LOOK" for a while now. I guess she really wants the dishwasher replaced since it doesn't work anymore lol.

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
Available still?
Hi there, yes, it's still available. I've been actively doing nothing about selling the amp lately since I just changed job and was super busy. ;)

Feel free to DM me and we can figure out some details if you're interested in this awesome amp!

Cheers,
Alex.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hadn't heard back from you so figured you sold it. I'm still interested too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis