Emotiva XPA-200 Stereo Amplifier Preview

Discussion in 'Amps, Pre-Pros & Receivers' started by admin, May 13, 2013.

1. admin Audioholics Robot Staff Member

admin
    Emotiva XPA-200 Amplifier: Are you looking to give your two-channel system a power boost? The Emotiva XPA-200 may be the product for you. At 150wpc @ 8 ohms and 240 wpc @ 4 ohms, this compact affordable ($499) stereo amplifier packs quite a wallop.

[​IMG]

Read the Emotiva XPA-200 Preview

Let us know what amp you have running your two-channel rig and if you have plans on adding the Emotiva XPA-200 in the near future.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. robto Audiophyte

robto
    This is a nice little amp, picked up one from Emotiva to power my surrounds, some Dynaudio Contour 1.3MKIIs; but first tried it up front to see how it compared with my Bryston 4BSST driving the Dynaudio Special 25s.
    Price performance sound wise IMHO it would be hard to beat as it stood up comparatively well with the double the wattage, 5 x the price Bryston and when pushed hard running the Dyn’s 4 ohm load bested a 3BST that it replaced, the presentation remaining cool (literally), calm, and collected.;)
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. haraldo Audioholic Spartan

haraldo
    Again, Emotiva seem to stretch the price/performance proposition, very interesting :p
  4. Fastnbulbous Audioholic

Fastnbulbous
    Discontinued and out of stock just when I needed it, dangit. Also disappointed to learn that they no longer honor the credit upgrade program they had when I bought my XPA-5.

The 3rd generation XPAs out sometime next year.