Emotiva XPA-2 and XPA-5 Gen2 Amplifier Preview

B

bang4bucker

Enthusiast
What locations are the missing screw holes?

It's disappointing to hear that this kind of quality control issue is happening. It leaves room for other small seeming issues which could cause a large problem. I bought the ERC-1 about 4 years ago and one of the front panel chrome screw holes had threads that were partly stripped at the factory. They applied some sort of metallic goop which started slowly seeping out the front of the unit. After wiping the face a couple of times to have this greasy sheen re-appear I removed the screw and found the source. Weird, to say the least.

I'd phone them directly(do not email) about a replacement, missing screws and improperly threaded holes are not acceptable if it was me.
it's in the left and right side of the amp. the lower back ones.

i don't really think that it will cause bigger problems cause it's just outside screws with no nuts connected inside. when i move the amp i don't hear any nuts moving inside. guess they forget to chamfer that parts and leave it screwless.

although i really want to phone them and ask for replacement, i just can't do that cos i'm not us citizen and it cost me almost 1/3 of the amp cost just to ship it via fedex. not to mention tax,duties and hidden charges by corrupt people in my country. i guess i have to live with that.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
You can ask for a partial credit then. They have some type of program where they give coupons, that give the owner so many dollars off their next Emotiva purchase. They also have a warehouse now in the Netherlands or there abouts. It should have come with the holes properly threaded and screws installed. I would politely point this out to them and state you feel you didn't get an A stock item, and you wonder if they could give you a coupon for a break on your next purchase.

B

bang4bucker

Enthusiast
You can ask for a partial credit then. They have some type of program where they give coupons, that give the owner so many dollars off their next Emotiva purchase. They also have a warehouse now in the Netherlands or there abouts. It should have come with the holes properly threaded and screws installed. I would politely point this out to them and state you feel you didn't get an A stock item, and you wonder if they could give you a coupon for a break on your next purchase.
thank you for your concern, sharkman. yes i have asked them a replacement for that parts. aside from the xpa-2 gen 2, i also bought sherbourne preamp. i received this preamp in a damaged condition. but when i asked a replacement preamp, i haven't received sure answer. :(

xpa-2

pre-1

B

bang4bucker

Enthusiast
thanks for your concern, sharkman. yes, i have asked them for replacement of that parts. aside from xpa-2, i also bought sherbourne pre-1 preamp. i received the preamp in damaged condition but the packaging is in a good condition. Odd ! I request for a replacement preamp but so far I haven't got any sure answer.

xpa-2
pre-1

sorry for the double post. in the forum section there's only 1 comment.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis