Emotiva XMC-1 FINALLY shipping!!!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I can't believe there isn't already a thread about this but Emotiva has finally started contacting people about buying the XMC-1. Looks like they are starting to ship today.

Apparently there are some issues with the Dirac integration so right now it's shipping without this feature with a promised update to include it in the near future. Customers can even wait for until direct is added from the factory and don't lose their place on the pre-order list. Pretty cool of Emotiva.

I'm pretty low on the pre-order list so I don't think I'll be getting my e-mail for a little while but I've gotta admit I'm pretty excited about this. I really loved the sound quality of the UMC-1 when I had it, I just got tired of the quirks and wanted a processor that did 3-D. I haven't really been happy with my Marantz so I'm really looking forward to the XMC-1.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/37725/xmc-1-shipping-soon

And for those of you that want to check out the manual.
https://emotiva.com/resources/manuals/XMC_user_manual_PRELIMINARY_v01.pdf

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hey Darien. I wonder if there is a way for you to get to take my place. I have received the mail already for one of the fist ones but I won't be getting it. I'm quite happy with my Denon now.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hey John are you buying right away or waiting for Dirac?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Darien. I wonder if there is a way for you to get to take my place. I have received the mail already for one of the fist ones but I won't be getting it. I'm quite happy with my Denon now.
That's really generous of you man I appreciate it. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait for Dirac implementation or not though. How much time do you have before you have to pull the trigger or not?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
That's really generous of you man I appreciate it. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait for Dirac implementation or not though. How much time do you have before you have to pull the trigger or not?
The email said I had to respond by the 23rd of July or I go to the back of the line.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
So 6 years after its original announcement, it ships. And without the feature (Dirac) that is supposed to be its calling card. I really hope Emotiva pulls this off.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I guess we can now wait to see how this thing holds up after it gets out to the public.

J

jnboone

Junior Audioholic
Should have known. My 4520 will be delivered tomorrow. Hope i like it as much as adk Highlander does!!

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Should have known. My 4520 will be delivered tomorrow. Hope i like it as much as adk Highlander does!!
You chose right with the 4520.
the XMC-1 is shipping years late, hundreds over the original price and without its most appealing feature.
By the time your Denon is worn out, the XMC may have all the issues settled and be quality product.
Cheers, Mac

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
the XMC-1 is shipping years late, hundreds over the original price and without its most appealing feature.
By the time your Denon is worn out, the XMC may have all the issues settled and be quality product.
Cheers, Mac
I would hardly call Dirac the XMC-1's most appealing feature. I would certainly put sound quality over the importance of a room correction software that not many people seem to have experience with. The user should be able to do a good job with the PEQ that the XMC comes with anyway.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Cheers, Mac
The 4520 is a very nice unit, I would honestly take it over the xmc1 and I am an emo fan boy... I think they are over their heads with the processor end of things, and should stick to amps, stereo pres, dac's, ect Leave the pros to well the pros, if they want to market one have denon make it and put it in an emo chassis, make $30 on it and call it a day...

When it comes to processors {with me anyway} I just want it to work and be easy to use, I don't use the room correction stuff, I just measure and use the spl meter, then tune it by ear as best I can... To me they are outdated too fast and too prone to damage to invest a ton of money/thought into...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The 4520 is a very nice unit, I would honestly take it over the xmc1 and I am an emo fan boy... I think they are over their heads with the processor end of things, and should stick to amps, stereo pres, dac's, ect Leave the pros to well the pros, if they want to market one have denon make it and put it in an emo chassis, make $30 on it and call it a day...

When it comes to processors {with me anyway} I just want it to work and be easy to use, I don't use the room correction stuff, I just measure and use the spl meter, then tune it by ear as best I can... To me they are outdated too fast and too prone to damage to invest a ton of money/thought into...
You nailed my thoughts exactly.............

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I think they are over their heads with the processor end of things, and should stick to amps, stereo pres, dac's, ect Leave the pros to well the pros, if they want to market one have denon make it and put it in an emo chassis, make $30 on it and call it a day...
As a business owner, you surely understand that your philosophy will never lead to growth?

All it takes is one solid multi-channel pre-pro from them to wipe away the negative press from previous product issues. No beta testing on paying customers, no issues with design and/or implementation. If they have learnt anything from the previous missteps, they will make sure the XMC is a flawless product.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Congrats. Cannot say enough good things about that receiver. The only challenge I had was going from a prepro to this and selling one of my amps. Cannot tell any difference in sound but I really like having separates. The latest version of Audyssey with the dual sub configuration is very well done. I have read some reviews of DIRAC and it is used in a few very high end processors so if Emotiva can get it right it will be by far the most affordable solution with that room correction software.

Have you guys that say you don't use room correction actually spent the time to set up correctly before you make the decision? To do it right does take a few runs and can take a few hours but just like video calibration I would find it hard to believe it would not improve a system for multi-channel listening. Not many rooms are perfect and my experience with Audyssey is that it has improved with each version release.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I would hardly call Dirac the XCM-1's most appealing feature. I would certainly put sound quality over the importance of a room correction software that not many people seem to have experience with. The user should be able to do a good job with the PEQ that the XMC comes with anyway.
I've played with Dirac before and it's cool software, but I wasn't blown away by it. I also don't think, at least with the experience I've had with it so far, that it justifies its high price tag. I'm not sure what's going in the emo, but I agree that it wouldn't be a feature very high on my list of must haves.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I've played with Dirac before and it's cool software, but I wasn't blown away by it. I also don't think, at least with the experience I've had with it so far, that it justifies its high price tag. I'm not sure what's going in the emo, but I agree that it wouldn't be a feature very high on my list of must haves.
Yeah the selling points for the XMC for me are:

1. Sound Quality - (The UMC-1 was head and shoulders above the Yamaha receiver it replaced in terms of sound quality and I think better than my Marantz pre/pro.)
2. The ability to EQ 2 subs

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
AGARWALRO-

As I understand it the pros to date have not made them much money {maybe even losses}, so from the business standpoint its a tough sell for me... Now if the xmc turns out to be the end all processor, sure it will sell and they will sell more amps to go with it, thats IF it works out.. If people don't get the unit, hate it and send it back before the 30 days because of a bug here or there....

Talking with them and seeing the painstaking checking code, line by line, millions of lines, and all them man hours. Plus $60K to design and layout the chassis, and all the materials, and years and years of r and d, plus the years and years its going to take to get it rite, and the years and years of people complaining about the pros and this pro not being made fast enough, ect ect ect I am almost positive emo getting into pros up to date was a bad idea...

BUT maybe not, 99% of their bad press is from pros...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis