P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
Hello guys, I've been puzzled about this for a while so here goes my question;
I bought a emotiva upa 500 from my friend about 3yrs ago, he had it about for a yr or so. How come my upa looks different (size wise) than the new one? Ive finally looked at the spec of the upa 500, and its says 23lbs. I said no way for the longest!!! Finally I weighed it tonight on the scale, and its over 60lbs!
Can someone clear this up for me? thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Are you sure that you don't have a UPA-5? Those are spec'd at 58 lbs and are taller than a UPA-500.

Do you have any pictures that you can share?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Adam is rite, you have a upa-5, discontinued and no longer in production... The upa 500 is totally different unit all together... upa5 was 125w x 5 ch and the upa500 is 80w x5...

P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
Hi. Are you sure that you don't have a UPA-5? Those are spec'd at 58 lbs and are taller than a UPA-500.

Do you have any pictures that you can share?
Adam just checked again, it is the UPA 5, i feel like a dumbass after being gone from this forum for so long, I return with a question like this. Thanks for clarifying it though !

P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
Adam is rite, you have a upa-5, discontinued and no longer in production... The upa 500 is totally different unit all together... upa5 was 125w x 5 ch and the upa500 is 80w x5...
thanks man, for figuring it out for me. For the longest I've sworn up and down that my yammys sound great with these with only 80watts... Haha no wonder

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
lol, you can still say they sound great with 125w... The upa5 is a nice amp, I see them on ebay once and a while, they always sell... I would take it over a upa5 hands down..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam just checked again, it is the UPA 5, i feel like a dumbass after being gone from this forum for so long, I return with a question like this. Thanks for clarifying it though !
I'm just glad that we could help answer your question!

P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
I was/am very with this when i thought it was a upa500. Now it makes more sense. Needless to say, I will be keeping this one for a long time...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis