J

jimmeq57

Audiophyte
What happened? I was at the Emotiva Website today, and there is no UMC-200 listed in the Pre/Pro section. As far as I know the unit was introduced in 2012, and now the product is no longer available. This seems odd to me. Sooo, has Emotiva stopped producing and selling the UMC-200?

Jimme

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
UMC-200 was always meant as a stop-gap processor.

There were way too many buggy problems on the UMC-1, and they didn't have the XMC-1 ready for market yet, thus they came out with the UMC-200 to fill the gap unil XMC was ready to hit the market.

Edit:

Here's a tip for you. If you REALLY want the UMC-200, I bet that if you give them a call and speak with customer service, they likely have a few still in stock. It may even be B-stock.

At this point, give them a call, you have nothing to lose and much to gain.

J

jimmeq57

Audiophyte
Thanks Slippery!

At about four times the cost of the UMC-200, the XMC-1 is out of my price range. I do own the UMC-200 and am very happy with the sound. It's disappointing Emotiva appears to be dropping the lower priced products from their line. (I know that pricing is relative.) What I want to add to my UMC-200 is the Bluetooth dongle. I called Emotiva sales, they do have them and I will be ordering one soon.

Jimme

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have the bluetooth dongle with mine and it works quite well. Easy to setup and use.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis