Emotiva Releases ERC-3

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/sources/products/erc-3

I just don't see it, for that price I would get the Oppo 103.

However, I love this part of the description:

Pick it up and feel the rock solid 21-pound chassis. Strategically placed steel dampers add additional mass loading, reducing vibration and resonance to negligible levels.

i.e. "we put weights in it so you think you're getting a rock-solid product" :eek::D:p

Hey, at least they are honest about it unlike some others (ahem Simaudio)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I seen this unit a the boston emo show, its nice if you have all emo gear and want it matching but once you get a decent cd player they are all about the same sound quality wise... I think emo is getting a little crazy with their prices, you should be able to buy a stereo preamp, 400watt 2 ch amp, and a cd player for around $1000, $1200 max....

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
There is still a market for dedicated CD players among separates buyers, and the ERC-2 had a completely unacceptable transport, so they needed a redesign to go to a conventional drawer mechanism. The price is the same as the ERC-2, so I still consider it a bargain, on a parts cost to retail ratio. The fly in the ointment is that preamp-DACs or pre-pros make more sense and are getting more common, even Emo has one, so all of that fancy balanced circuitry may likely go to waste.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Seems like a good price for the unit, but unless one has a dead player currently, I can't see myself spending that much on it.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Still no SACD?? Fugetaboutit.
That is weird too, that it doesn't support SACD, because the DAC chip they're using, the Analog Devices AD1955, supports SACD conversion. I bet there's a story behind this, eh Emotiva? :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis