Emotiva ERC-8T High Resolution Audio Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Emotiva is once again poised to stun the industry with it's revolutionary new ERC-8T High Resolution Audio Player. Forget DVD-A and SACD. Those formats are dead. CD? Ha, that's not high resolution enough. Vinyl, yea we love vinyl but it wears out and it's bulky. So what's the answer? 8-Track baby! The death of 8-Track was perhaps one of the biggest blows to the high end community back in the day. Sure it was clumsy, unreliable and noisy but it was pure analog noise. Emotiva has built a better mousetrap with their new Iridium infused 8-Track Tape player. This is a must have product for audiophiles and audiophools serious about sound quality.

Discuss "Emotiva ERC-8T High Resolution Audio Preview" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
This is exactly what my system has been missing!

April Fool's :cool:

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
I've been wanting one of those for a while; KEF has EMO beat though when it comes to mush have audiophile products:

KEFTalkUK

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I actually own a unit that has an 8 track deck in it...and ONE 8 track tape LOL. (It belonged to her, not me)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
If you hollow out an 8-track cartridge and stick a 1TB SSD in there you could use the old cartridge to store roughly 1350 lossless 80min CD-equivalents of music in there. In a year or so it'll probably be 2500 CD equivalents.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
So glad to hear someone embracing the long lost superior format of 8-track! Time to take my collection out of cryogenic storage? Wait a minute I see this was posted on 4/1; dang!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I have the 4 channel 8-track player that was in the car pictured in my avatar.
Still on a shelf in my garage.
Waiting for 8-track to make come back like vinyl.:D

FozzieT

FozzieT

Enthusiast
That the 8-track is, and always has been, a superior medium is beyond debate. Nothing brings you closer to the music than the initial "CHUNK" of the tape clicking in, and the sweet, warm hiss of the tape. But, (and I've been saying this to anyone who will listen for a long time now), Iridium infusion is a flawed technology!!! Any one of the Lanthanide series of rare-earth elements beats the pants off of Iridium, hands down.

And let's not forget, Emotiva is using low-quality plastic capstans made in China that negate the effects of the Iridium infusion anyway.

The only way to get true, audiophile 8-track quality is to pony up and play with the big boys. It's gonna take at least 5 figures to get a real audiophile-grade player that allows the 8 track to open up and extract every last detail of music - the way the artist intended for it to be heard.

And for those of you who doubt me....well, it's probably because you've never heard 8-track on a REAL, quality, expensive system like mine!

:D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Remember the best thing about 8-tracks?

There was no way to rewind them. You had to fast-forward and wait for your song to come back around!

Man, the good ole days! :rolleyes:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So glad to hear someone embracing the long lost superior format of 8-track! Time to take my collection out of cryogenic storage? Wait a minute I see this was posted on 4/1; dang!
Cryo... Sweet! They will sound sublime with all their molecules aligned.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

M

Mike in SC

Audiophyte
Not for me

I don't know. I was in my early-mid teens when 8 track tapes came on the scene. I can't help but think that for many people, their experience would probably mirror my own: Tapes getting eaten by cheap machines, and worst of all, hearing a different track bleed over the current track I was listening too.

It's not a technology I want to go back to, thank you very much.

B

BozotheClown

Audiophyte
Awesome

Actually, I've been reading that 8 track tape made from solid Einsteinium will allow the user to travel back in time to the 70s and allow you to horde all those tapes bought in the bargain rack from Jamesway.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Actually, I've been reading that 8 track tape made from solid Einsteinium will allow the user to travel back in time to the 70s and allow you to horde all those tapes bought in the bargain rack from Jamesway.
There's a better way :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis