Emotiva BasX Budget Line of Amplifiers & Preamps

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looking for a great budget minded AV processor, stereo preamp/tuner, integrated amp, or multizone amplifier? Emotiva launched a whole new series of affordable amplifiers and preamps dubbed BasX. The fact that you can pair their MC-700 AV Pre/Pro and A-700 seven-channel amplifier and have a separates solution for about the same price as a midline AV receiver, should give any audiophile pause that cares more about performance and function over features.

Are these products right for you? You'll have to read on to find out.

Read: Emotiva BasX Budget Line of Amplifiers & Preamps

Let us know which product you may be picking up to give your system a little shot of adrenaline.

Bob Leonard

Bob Leonard

Junior Audioholic
Are the BasX the same as the emersa line? If so it looks different from the preview photos from the consumer electronics show 2016. I can not find any information on these new units on the Emotiva's web site. I would be interested in there two channel amplifier 150x2.

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
Is there any word on 4-ohm stability for the amplifiers?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Gene, the way I am reading this is the BasXA-300 $400 or $300? It seems that you refer to it in the article as both? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Anyways, what is the 4-ohm rating of the A-150 and the A-300? How about 8-ohm bridged for each respectively? May be in the need for a 2-channel amp as my new speakers are 4-ohm. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Looking for a great budget minded AV processor, stereo preamp/tuner, integrated amp, or multizone amplifier? Emotiva launched a whole new series of affordable amplifiers and preamps dubbed BasX. The fact that you can pair their MC-700 AV Pre/Pro and A-700 seven-channel amplifier and have a separates solution for about the same price as a midline AV receiver, should give any audiophile pause that cares more about performance and function over features.

Are these products right for you? You'll have to read on to find out.

Read: Emotiva BasX Budget Line of Amplifiers & Preamps

Let us know which product you may be picking up to give your system a little shot of adrenaline.
Gene, I have been trying to find the specs for the BasX A-150/300. Wanting to know what either of these two amps do in 4 ohm stereo and 8 ohms bridged? Do you happen to have a link? Also, there is a bit of confusion regarding the respective prices. Please clarify if you don't mind. May be in need of a 2-channel amp as my new speakers are 4-ohm. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Emotiva tells us these amps are stable and rated into 4 ohms. I suppose Gene will have to test them in the near future ;)

Did you find a pricing error in our article? If so, please let us know and we will fix it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Emotiva tells us these amps are stable and rated into 4 ohms. I suppose Gene will have to test them in the near future ;)

Did you find a pricing error in our article? If so, please let us know and we will fix it.
What I am more concerned about are the 4-ohm stereo ratings of both the A-150 and the A-300. Knowing that would be quite helpful as I may be in the need for a 4-ohm stereo amp. In the article, it shows the A-300 price of $400 and then later it specifically mentions $300. That is why I was confused. No big deal really. Maybe you can provide us all with the 4-ohm stereo ratings, as well as, the 8-ohm bridged mono ratings, no?

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm interested in timelnies :) Specifically the MC-700.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got the Basx email last week, so yes they're up. Just not all of them.

Greg83

Greg83

Audiophyte
You had mentioned the price of $300 when discussing the a-300. It's $400. Other than that I was interested in knowing if the a-150 would power my future elac unifi bookshelf speakers (the one's everyone where drooling over at ces) properly, or should I just pay the extra 100 bucks for the a-300. Thanks for doing what you do. I really enjoy all the videos.

-Audiophile on a budget

P.S. - Please do some more video reviews on stuff people can actually afford like Klipsch, 200-300 dollar surround speakers, BIC PL-200 sub-woofer, etc...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis