Emotiva Audio Fusion Flex Amplifier Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
With its beefy toroidal transformer power supply and classic short signal path Class A/B output topology, the Fusion Flex Amp delivers the power one can expect even into difficult loads as one can expect from an Emotiva Audio product. But, what really sets the Fusion Flex Amp apart is the wide variety of convenience and automation features.

Dual line level inputs let you connect two separate audio sources and you can switch between them by using the front panel controls, the remote control, or the IR and RS-232 remote control inputs. You can also set the Fusion Flex Amp to automatically switch to the active input! It can also be set to switch on automatically when it senses an audio signal. Another advantage is that you can use the buffered loop outputs to daisy chain together more Fusion Flex Amps to easily drive additional zones. This unit can be powered from any standard 115 VAC or 230 VAC power line. Talk about convenience!

What do you say? Is this what you've been waiting for?

Specifications:
  • Channels: 2
  • Inputs (stereo; line level): 2 (manually or automatically switched).
  • Power Output (both channels driven).
  • Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB.
  • Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.08 dB.
  • Power requirements: 115 VAC / 230 VAC (+ / - 10%); selectable by rear panel switch.
  • Dimensions (Unboxed): 8-1/2 " wide; 3" high (including feet);15" deep (including connectors).
  • Dimensions (Boxed): 13" wide x 7" high x 18" deep.
  • Weight (Unboxed): 11.2 lbs.
  • Weight (Boxed): 15 lbs.
Price: $249.00
front_0.png
PicsArt_1422935707403.jpg PicsArt_1422935404290.jpg PicsArt_1422935493819.jpg PicsArt_1422935546405.jpg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
  • Power Output (both channels driven): 50 watts/channel @ 8 ohms; 75 watts/channel @ 4 ohms
Emotiva sure has gotten slack about supplying info to the buyer.
Used to be, they would tell you the sizes of the power supply and capacitors as well as provide charts of all Test Lab Results.

Now, the power output spec doesn't even tell you if it is RMS or at what frequency, or at how much distortion.

Before the Emotiva fan boys bash me. I am a fan of Emotiva, I have a couple of their amps which have been good buys, but I am feeling they are losing the edge that set them above the competition over the past decade.

Even Pyle provides THD% for their power specification:
Specifications: • Output power: 20 watts x 2 (4 ohms, 1% THD), 32 watts x 2 (4 ohms, 10% THD), 120 watts x 2 max • THD: 0.3% • Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz • Dimensions: 8.27" W x 2.72" H x 5.39" D • Weight: 5.73 lbs.
http://www.parts-express.com/pyle-ptau45-mini-2x120-watt-stereo-power-amplifier--310-2572?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Come on Emotiva! Don't lose your way!!!

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
I Put this up on here a month a go :)

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I Put this up on here a month a go :)
That's odd. I didn't get your post as a result when I made my search before posting on the editorials. I made a search again after seeing your reply and somehow it appeared. We are working on it since this isn't the first time that happens. Have a great night, my friend.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That's odd. I didn't get your post as a result when I made my search before posting on the editorials. I made a search again after seeing your reply and somehow it appeared. We are working on it since this isn't the first time that happens. Have a great night, my friend.
I have had similar problems using the search tool. It seems inconsistent.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It should be solid now. We rebuilt the database so let me know in the Site suggestion area of the forum if your still having problems. thanks guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis