Emotiva airmotiv4 monitors

S

SandyRavage

Enthusiast
Anyone have the chance to listen to the $400 Emotiva airmotiv4 yet?

I'd be using them as computer speakers for music, not for any studio use.

This video got me interested in them as the XDA-1 is on sale now for $250 as well. I know you should never trust the sound from a Youtube clip but the general impression I get from that video is that the airmotiv4 easily fill that medium sized room with clear sound. I'd be using them in a small office.

One thing I found is that they seem to be reworked Chinese QMS Audio speakers for the American market. Is anyone familiar with QMS?

Emotiva seems to be a respected company so I'm interested in replacing a pair of Audioengine A5 speakers for computer use.

CNet's Steve Guttenberg did a review on them and he seems to like them but in his review he said that the tweeter/woofer is an Emotiva original .. but the QMS have been around for a while in China and I don't know if I should trust his review completely based off that.

Thanks for any help.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone have the chance to listen to the $400 Emotiva airmotiv4 yet?

I'd be using them as computer speakers for music, not for any studio use.

This video got me interested in them as the XDA-1 is on sale now for $250 as well. I know you should never trust the sound from a Youtube clip but the general impression I get from that video is that the airmotiv4 easily fill that medium sized room with clear sound. I'd be using them in a small office.

One thing I found is that they seem to be reworked Chinese QMS Audio speakers for the American market. Is anyone familiar with QMS?

Emotiva seems to be a respected company so I'm interested in replacing a pair of Audioengine A5 speakers for computer use.

CNet's Steve Guttenberg did a review on them and he seems to like them but in his review he said that the tweeter/woofer is an Emotiva original .. but the QMS have been around for a while in China and I don't know if I should trust his review completely based off that.

Thanks for any help.
I'm not going to comment on QMS speakers - but emotiva claims their Emotiv Pro monitors are modified from QMS. Now it's known that all Emotiva products are made in China and Emotiv Pro are not exception...

I own JBL LSR2325p pro monitors (pics in sig) which I got for $330/ pair and I possibly couldn't not imagine to have a cleaner or louder speakers

S

SandyRavage

Enthusiast
How would you describe the JBL's sound?

I'm actually happy with the A5 sound but I don't have anything to compare the sound against so I just wanted to try something else out.

Emotiva is coming out with a matching 10" subwoofer at the end of Q1 but it will have a MSRP of $600 and that is a little more than I need or want to spend on a matching sub. I've read good things about the Outlaw M8 subwoofer and would like some speakers that pair well with that, if possible.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
How would you describe the JBL's sound?

I'm actually happy with the A5 sound but I don't have anything to compare the sound against so I just wanted to try something else out.

Emotiva is coming out with a matching 10" subwoofer at the end of Q1 but it will have a MSRP of $600 and that is a little more than I need or want to spend on a matching sub. I've read good things about the Outlaw M8 subwoofer and would like some speakers that pair well with that, if possible.
How'd I describe LSR2325p sound? As I said very clear and accurate, yet packs a strong punch... Did I mentioned they go very LOUD without any distortion? How loud? Pair of them go 120dB at 1m - that's an about the level noise of airplane taking off...

However AudioEngine A5 are good speakers and I doubt replacing them with these monitors the difference would be huge...

Regarding sub - Don't get stuck on idea of matching sub - just find a good sub from internet direct companies, preferably one with low-level inputs and outputs just in case...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis