Elemental Designs VS Infinity

A

avdoubleu

Audioholic Intern
So in another thread Ive talked quite a bit about this subject but I need help with this.

First off call me crazy but I like to keep all my speakers the same brand and after being convinced to buy a new sub I now want to update all my speakers.

Here's the first system.

All Elemental Designs 2-A6.t, 1-A3-300, 1-A6.mtm, 2-A4.b. Even though they don't offer the 15% discount on all the items I Emailed eD and said they would give it to me. So retail it was $1365 and after the discount its about $1120. Not bad in my opinion.

Next would be all Infinity but with my budget (which really hasn't been determined) I couldn't get the rear speakers. Its as follows, 1-Rythmik FV12, because the Infinity sub stinks, 2-P362s, 1-PC350 Depending on where I find all of this its around $1170 and no rear speakers.

Here's my dilemma, I hear lots of positives on eD's subs, everything Rythmik, and Infinity speakers. I have not read a lot on eD speakers in general. The part that scares me is eD was originally a car audio company and may not have had the time to make great home theater speakers.

So in AH's expert opinions whats a better sounding system with 75% movies 25% music? Does anyone out there have eD speakers???

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
rule 1 speakers and sub DON'T have to be the same brand
if you forced this, you'll either get crappy speakers or crappy subs or both.

rule 2 see above.

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Subwoofers do not have to match your speakers. Buy the best speakers and subs they don't have to be the same brand. I would go with the Infinitys and the Rythmik myself. The Infinitys are well liked on all the forums and gets highly recommended. ED takes there time shipping subwoofers out, you might get your sub within a week or two or it could be months. They never keep there site up to date on instock, out of stock or backordered. You won't find out until you realize that its been over a month and you haven't heard anything from them. Its been happening more and more that they don't even return emails back to customers about faulty amps or delayed shipping.

A

avdoubleu

Audioholic Intern
Subwoofers do not have to match your speakers. Buy the best speakers and subs they don't have to be the same brand. I would go with the Infinitys and the Rythmik myself. The Infinitys are well liked on all the forums and gets highly recommended. ED takes there time shipping subwoofers out, you might get your sub within a week or two or it could be months. They never keep there site up to date on instock, out of stock or backordered. You won't find out until you realize that its been over a month and you haven't heard anything from them. Its been happening more and more that they don't even return emails back to customers about faulty amps or delayed shipping.
+1 for Infinity and Rythmik.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
+1 for Infinity and Rythmik.
I plus +1 on that too, noting that you don't have to go with towers at all.
a pair of P163 and PC251 will be enough unless you have huge room, and If my memory serves me right - you don't.

A

avdoubleu

Audioholic Intern
I plus +1 on that too, noting that you don't have to go with towers at all.
a pair of P163 and PC251 will be enough unless you have huge room, and If my memory serves me right - you don't.
Your memory does serve you right. I'm stuck on those towers though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You have the Stereophile review and measurements of the P360. You have the Soundstage/NRC review and measurements of the P162. You have thousands......OK hundreds:D of people who can recommend those Infinity.

You don't have any reviews and measurements on the Elemental Designs.

So, yeah, it's no wonder most people would choose the P362 + FV12 combination. I know I would.:D

And I would recommend them to my younger brother who has more money than I do, but would rather spend his money on sports cars than Salon2s.:eek:

A

avdoubleu

Audioholic Intern
You have the Stereophile review and measurements of the P360. You have the Soundstage/NRC review and measurements of the P162. You have thousands......OK hundreds:D of people who can recommend those Infinity.

You don't have any reviews and measurements on the Elemental Designs.

So, yeah, it's no wonder most people would choose the P362 + FV12 combination. I know I would.:D

And I would recommend them to my younger brother who has more money than I do, but would rather spend his money on sports cars than Salon2s.:eek:
I guess that's kinda dumb on my part. I should have thought of that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis