J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
I finally found what's wrong with the "non sleep" problem. Thanks for mentioning the signal cable. When I insert the cable "fully" into Earthquake's socket, the sub did not sleep. When I pull out the plug a little, sub immediately go to sleep. This is all when Onkyo is off.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I finally found what's wrong with the "non sleep" problem. Thanks for mentioning the signal cable. When I insert the cable "fully" into Earthquake's socket, the sub did not sleep. When I pull out the plug a little, sub immediately go to sleep. This is all when Onkyo is off.
Shouldn't have to do that, do you have the correct connector? Is that cable shielded? I saw anecdotal evidence that a poorly shielded cable picked up enough RFI in someone's case to prevent the shift to standby....

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
Connector is RCA type and the cable is fully shielded.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, you seemed to find a way to make the connection work in any case. I can't think of any I've ever used that I had to slightly pull it out to make it work. I'd exchange the cable for another (which is easy for me, I have tons of them) at a minimum to test to see if your issues weren't caused by the cable....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis