lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, the 120-130 numbers would be from the low pass filter setting; you should turn this to 150 (as you are using the filters in the avr). The gain is shown as "volume" and I'd like you to describe it as if it were a clock setting. I suspect your gain setting is a bit low if you need the avr to be at +5 after calibration (you did run AccuEQ to calibrate or did you use another method?).

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
Oh, can you explain why low pass filter shud be at 150? Gain on the sub is at 12 o'clock.

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
I did use the AccuEQ, initial setting by the AccEQ was +3db

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, can you explain why low pass filter shud be at 150? Gain on the sub is at 12 o'clock.
When you apply a crossover in the avr it supplies both a low pass filter and a high pass filter (together they create a crossover), you don't need to duplicate the low pass filter (LPF), turning it to 150 gets it out of the way so to speak. You do have your speakers set to small and are using a crossover? What is the crossover set to? How did you set the levels between speakers and sub, did you run the AccuEQ setup program in the avr?

ps Okay, see you used AccuEQ and raised the sub level 2dB.....

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
I am using Misson MX5 floor standing speaker as my front and AVR is set at full range.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am using Misson MX5 floor standing speaker as my front and AVR is set at full range.
So you don't want to use the sub except for movies? Or are using another feature to use the sub?

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
Currently my AVR cross over settings are,
Front : Full band (as advised by the supplier)
Centre : 40Hz
Front Height (Atmos): 100Hz
Surround : 40 Hz
LFE : 80Hz
Double bass : On

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
I use sub for movies and listen to radio broadcast and playing CDs. i.e. when I turn on the Onkyo, I expect sub to turn on together.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Currently my AVR cross over settings are,
Front : Full band (as advised by the supplier)
Centre : 40Hz
Front Height (Atmos): 100Hz
Surround : 40 Hz
LFE : 80Hz
Double bass : On
I use sub for movies and listen to radio broadcast and playing CDs. i.e. when I turn on the Onkyo, I expect sub to turn on together.
Ah, I prefer to use my sub for all speakers and never use a double bass type setting, your mains don't extend low enough for me to not set them to small. LFE should be at 120 (the normal limit of the content of the LFE/.1 channel).

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
I had just turned of double bass and set LFE to 120 but now there is no bass at all. As if no sub at all. Sub cross over is set at 150 as you suggested.

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
When I turn double bass back on sub bass came back.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd suggest trying the mains set to small and turn double bass off, but its your preference....

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
I wrote to Elac U.S. regarding about my problem but their tech support does not reply. Support is very bad.

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
Front setting do not have "small" just various frequencies and Full band. I am locate in Singapore.

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
According to Onkyo user manual, I shud set to full band if using floor standing speaker.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Front setting do not have "small" just various frequencies and Full band. I am locate in Singapore.
When you set them to the frequencies that essentially is setting them to "small" (or turning off full band) which is the term used in many other avrs. I've been to Singapore several times on business, bet it's a bit warmer than where I am now (Oregon US) !

J

Jeff Chan

Audioholic Intern
Oops....is freezing at your place base on our wheather........
What frequency wud you suggest I shud set to instead of full band?
Any chance of coming over this way again?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
According to Onkyo user manual, I shud set to full band if using floor standing speaker.
Really? Should describe the options better than that, few floorstanders are as capable in bass frequencies as most subs....your sub is on the small side, but should still handle the lower frequencies a bit better. Matter of preference, though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis